Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
In the past it wasn't possible to split/trim a video on the timeline if the user had already amended the speed.

Then, magically it became possible and they lived happily ever after....

.... Until the wicked witch updated the app a couple of days ago and made it impossible to split a video again, IF that video had already had its speed altered.

See attached.

The only way to do it, is to revert the video to its original speed, then split the video, then change the speed again.

Which is an un-necessary, time consuming chore. It might not seem so bad if you only have to do one or two.

But what if you have lots of really short clips, that you have already slowed down, sat in your projects. Suddenly you are faced with a monstrosity of a task.

I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to roll back this improvement.

Can you use your influence to ask them to change it back please?

I have contacted customer support but I don't hold out much hope of getting any support from them. It's normally just a link to their FAQ's

Thanks
I agree with the OP. It's the same if you have all of your titles, videos etc on one of the layers. If you insert anything new then it pushes the whole layers worth of items out of sync.

The only way I have found to get round this (I dont know if this would work for audio too but even then its far from ideal) is to add anything new at the end of the layer, then drag it back to where its needed. As long as there is adequate space on the layer it won't move everything else forward.

Again though, this is far from ideal for a supposed market leader. The function to pin items on a layer so that they remain aligned to the main video would make a HUGE HUGE difference.
Quote Since the recent update I can no longer use Power Director.

Even your forum is utterly useless. A forum where you cant copy and paste.

Pathetic.

And your verification codes. Don't put a gap if you don't want a space in the code. Is Cyberlink capable of doing anything properly?

I have tried the help section. Despite indicating that I have an android device, the help I was given was for Windows.

Bravo.
Since the recent update I can no longer use Power Director.

Even your forum is utterly useless. A forum where you cant copy and paste.

Pathetic.

And your verification codes. Don't put a gap if you don't want a space in the code. Is Cyberlink capable of doing anything properly?
Hi

My ticket number is CS001930113

I have a feeling that it's something to do with the update. After the first time it happened i avoided updating the app.

Forgetting why....i think i updated the app last week. If there is a way i can roll-back to a previoua version, then i reckon it might sort it.

How i go about rolling back though, i don't have a clue.
Quote Hi,

Have you raised a CS ticket yet? If not please do so and let me know the Ticket No.

Compared to the desktop app, the mobile app doesn't generate the same level of advice and contributions from forum members and so it might be a while before anyone can help out.

CS would be the quicker route at the moment, I think.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Hi. Thanks for that. I haven't got an actual ticket i don't think. Perhaps they will allocate a number when/if they reply.

I contacted customer support last week r
with a "How Do I..." query. I wanted to be able to duplicate "Titles" but amend the title type (how it animates) without re-doing all the font formatting.

They assigned it a number and gave me a "you can't" reply but rather more long winded.

To be honest, since this was un-resolved last time, i'm not overly confident that the developers will (care enough to...) be able to fix the problem. Which is why i approached the forum.

I kinda gathered that the Android version wasn't that highly regarded on here since

a) it didn't have its own sub-forum.
b) My members page purchases contained no previous purchases.

As i mentioned, i did pay for the app and when it works, its easily the best i have used but there is no point wasting time if the projects i have spent 200+ hours making, won't load or even appear in the app.

Where was i ? Ah yeah....rather than going through the issue via the webform and Captcha route, i emailed them directly by replying to their reply.

I managed to keep the email polite but i am still in shock/disbelief.

If this isn't resolved, i shan't use it again.

The blurred titles on my screenshot are all projects i am doing for other people.

"Errrrrm, you know i said i had nearly finish your video? Well, i haven't...Anymore. Errrrrr it won't load into the app i used to create it."

Right i'll update you if i get a ticket number.

Thanks for reaching out.
I just thought i would add that the Android app isn't a free version. I paid roughly £9.00 but i have also bought a few add ons....transitions etc.
Hi.

I am currently swinging between rage, disbelief, fear and nausea. Not the most enjoyable quartet.

I use Power Director - Android version 4.14.1

Android version 6.0.1

I have 44 incomplete projects. Many of which are just versions of each other. However there are at least 10 different projects that are unique and incomplete. One of which is a video for my family which attempts to explain to them what my depression/anxiety is like. If i lose all that work then i genuinely don't know how i will cope.

These projects are basically 5 months unpublished work. They haven't been published because i haven't completed them yet. Most are between half way completed to 7 8ths completed.

While working on a project this morning, my battery died. I had another battery waiting to go so i just swapped the battery and opened up Power Director Android.

I used the "recent apps" tab to navigate to Power Director, as i have many times in the past.

Imagine my horror when my projects page opened up l, displaying NO PROJECTS.

*This did happen to me once before and i lost several weeks work. As annoyed as i was, i persevered with Power Director regardlesd. However, the issue was never resolved*.

This time there is 5 months work missing. Not so easy to shrug off !

I thought "This can't be right" and i restarted my device.

I opened Power Director. Opened Projects.....None there.

I shut down Power Director and selected my Android file manager app. I navigated to the Power Director folder and all 44 projects are there as .pdrproj files.

Attempting to open them from this folder did not work. There isn't a way to tell Android to use Power Director to open the files.

There is a file in the project file folder called "No Media". Could this be the source of my woe?

I haven't moved any media files at all.

Looks like i have lost all my work. Thanks Power Director.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a solution or anything else i could try, other than use a video editor with more reliability.

I am so unhappy about this. 5 months effort just obsolete in a second.

I have hopefully attached screenshots....
Go to: