Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Why do i suddenly have a "by power director" notice at the lower right side of all my videos?
Thanks for all these ideas. I think the easiest way to handle this is perhaps to be careful what font I use, or just to use the German keyboard.
Quote I took a screen shot of the problem; is there some way to post this?

Press the "reply" button and on the screen that opens click on "attachments" and browse to the location of the screenshot

Here it is.
I took a screen shot of the problem; is there some way to post this?
Thanks for your reply. When you said it works fine with a standard German keyboard, I did some more testing with different keyboard layouts and fonts and finally found the answer. Apparently, some fonts do not have umlaut keys and others do weird things with them. Several Adobe fonts (e.g. Adobe Fan Heiti Std R, Adobe Fangsong Std R) substitute a different font for the ü, and when this font is pasted into a title in PowerDirector, it turns sideways.
The other umlauts, including the upper case Ü, the ä, and the ö all work but the lower case ü is rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise. Is there something I can do to correct this?
I have a video file whose audio is accordian music at a dance performance that has lots of background chatter. What is the best way to eliminate or dampen this chatter? Everything I've tried so far reduces the general buzz in the background but leaves intact the audience's talking.

I uploaded this file to Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/s/x66hd36qp8ilo2s/Reingelreihn%20Bacau%20a.mp4?dl=0 in case anyone wants to look at it.

I have been using PowerDiretor for a couple of years. It's a great program and the community forums are about the best I've seen for anything!
Quote With the pictures in the time line go to the transition room. Click the 2D and there should be a Fade transition. Click it. Now look just above the time line and there is a button to add fade to all videos. Click that and you will get a context menu with the types of fades available. Choose the one you want.

This worked! Thank you so much. This is the quickest and most helpful forum I have found for anything on the internet!
Quote I would like to make a simple slide show that I can put on Google Sites. The slideshow choices on Powerdirector have all kinds of crazy transitions and effects. I want to just fade from one slide to the next every 3-4 seconds. Is there any way to do this? (I am using Powerdirector 13.)

Thanks.
Sure.

Do not use any of the "canned" slide show templates. Import your images to the media Library, then put them on the PD Timeline.

For simple fade transition go to the transistion room ( F8 ) and click on Fade, then you can Add Fading to all Videos between the medial library and the timeline.

The transition duration is the preference set in Preferences > Editing for Transistions. You can add music of your choice.

If you do not want a fade from one image to the next image, you can pick any of the transitions and apply to all video. You may have to add your chosen transiton to My favorites, then all add random transition to all Videos (if there is only one transition in My Favorites, that transistion will be added to all videos)

There are some nice sliding transitions.

Thank you so much! This is the quickest and most helpful forum I have found for anything on the internet!
Quote Just to add to what Carl has said, you can also set the default duration for still images in Preferences. Decide on the time you want each slide to be fully displayed then, knowing the transition length, you can work out the default slide length. E.g. if you want each slide displayed for 4 seconds with a 1-second transition between them that would give a slide duration of 5 seconds.

Thanks to both of you! I now have all my slides lined up the timeline and I can make a video of them. However, I would like to crossfade from one slide to the next (no fancy effects, just a crossfade), and I don't see how to do it. I am hoping I can just select all the slides and somehow apply a crossfade.
I would like to make a simple slide show that I can put on Google Sites. The slideshow choices on Powerdirector have all kinds of crazy transitions and effects. I want to just fade from one slide to the next every 3-4 seconds. Is there any way to do this? (I am using Powerdirector 13.)

Thanks.
I am trying to shrink a clip to half size, move it down to a corner of the screen, and then have a few photos appear around the edges. I highlight the clip, go to modify and click on object, but after setting the first keyframe where I want the shrinking to start, the diamonds are all greyed out and I can't set any more keyframes. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks.
Thanks for all these ideas. I tried removing the shadow files and then kept the task manager on as I previewed my video, and the CPU usage kept going up to 90-98%, so it looks like I just dont have enough RAM (I currently have only 3GB and have ordered a 12GB machine.) When it comes in, I'll try again.

This is a great forum. Thanks for all all your timely input on my problems!
All of a sudden some of my video clips on the timeline are freezing on playback, then speeding up to catch up with the audio. Sometimes the scrubber, which is supposed to move with the video, skips ahead to the last clip while the video and audio are still playing the clip I am working on. What is going on here?
This is good. Thanks to your video link, I can now place the markers exactly where I need them, but not being able to put them closer than 5 frames means if I have two markers 9 frames apart, I can't put one in between.

In the trim window, I can actually view the scene one frame at a time, which is wonderful, but the only editing I can do is to trim the video. Is there any way I can crop or do any other editing one frame at a time? If not, do you think Cyberlink is likely to add this feature anytime soon?
Is there any way around the problem that keyframe sliders cannot be put close together? I am trying to deal with camera jiggle (to big for the stabilizer) with keyframes, but I can't put the markers as close as i need them.
Thanks for the suggestion. There is a lot on Director Zone, but most of it is animated. I searched around on YouTube and found a video of snow falling, although not the blizzard I was hoping for.

Thanks for helping. This is a great forum!
I tried a higher resolution photo, which improved the image on my video a bit, but it is still much fuzzier than when I call up the original jpeg. All the tutorials show videos of stills sharp and clear, so I must be doing something wrong.
The resolution of the photo, which I put together in Photoshop, is 325 px/in and the photo size is 7"x15". I did not crop it to put it in my video and I did not apply motion. The bit rate of the video is 6.15 Mbps.
I want to add a lot of realistic falling snow to a winter video, but the snow in the effects room and the particle room either looks like little paper cut-outs of snow flakes or has much too little falling snow. Where can I find a snow storm to overlay on my video?
I produced an MP4 AVC video; the photo I used had a resolution of 325 pixels/inch at 7"x15". Where do I find the bitrate?
Go to: