Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Hey, Robert - many thanks for the quick response, the info, and the encouragement!

Don't forget to let me know how you get on
Quote I'm completely new to video production, and have downloaded the trial Windows 10 version of PD16 in order to self-educate.

I've just produced my first experiment, and the results are pretty well unviewable. The problem is that the .MOV file straight from my action camera is far smoother than the rendered MP4 when I run it in, say, Media Player, which is so rough it looks like 60% of the frames are missing. Thing is, on the clip in question, there are no effects or adjustments - I've just dropped it on the timeline, cut a few seconds off the front and back, and put an audio track under it.

I'm very prepared to accept that it's me, not the software, but haven't a clue where to start troubleshooting this. Any pointers will be gratefully received!

I think it may be you, but it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Read the "Newbie Room" articles in issues 2-10 here https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/76806.page you may learn enough to get you on your feet.

You are probably not making the right selections when it comes to production settings

I hope it helps you - whatever dont give up

Robert

I had tried that.

I'm creating a template and editing the text. If I set the length in the editor for 3 seconds, it might actually appear as 10 seconds when I place it in the timeline. If I crop it, it just compresses how quickly it runs. If I set it for no ending effect it still disappears well before the end of the frame.

Are you using the default "My Title" template. There is no fade at the end of that unless you put one in. Out of the box, so to speak, there is no fade.

Use the duration button above the timeline to set the duration. The default is 10 seconds. If you want to change the default go to Preferences/editing and change it there.
Quote I have just purchase PD 16. Glad to see that there is a new feature for creating slideshow.
I started my first project and managed to produce a slideshow of some 50 photos with background music using the Normal style. However, I soon found that the duration of each slide was rather short. I went to the setting->editing section and increased the image duration to 8 seconds. but It doesn't change a thing. I have tried several time to make a new slideshow from scratch setting the image duration to a value higher than the default 5 sec.

Secondly, is there a way to change the background color of the slideshow. I have spent several hours in vain searching for such an option in the menu.

Please help.

Thank you

Felix Tan
felixtstan@gmail.com

Hi Felix

Read the "Newbie Room" article in issue 8 of PD News here https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/76806.page and all will be revealed.

If you cant make the website open go to the top of the home page of this forum and open the stickie for PD News and then open issue 8

Robert
Quote [quotePostId = 315601]

Eu farei isso.

Eu pensei que eu poderia dividir meu projeto de vídeo e trabalhar em cortar cada seção dividida separadamente, mas eu acho que não posso fazer isso.
Agradeço sua resposta e voltarei "para a prancheta"

Jack [/ quotePostId]

You can and should use the Split timeline, then right click and Remove part you do not want, or select and Del.
I only use it this way.
It has an application (PDSpeed) that adds keyboard shortcuts, where S (Split)

If you use split and remove what is the point of the trim tool?
Quote Using PowerDirector 14. I'm doing great with assembling and blending images, video, sound, etc but struggling with text. For the most part I'm getting through it, but I find it really confusing to set the length properly. Even that I can manage, but the very last title I don't want to fade at the end. It's a web address and I want it to show until the very last frame. It seems no matter what I do that the title fades before the end.

If you double click the title in the timeline the title designer will open. Click open the " effects" column and find "ending effect" then select "no effect" If it works click ok to leave the designer. That should stop any finishing fade.

Let me know if that sorts it.
Quote Hello Everyone,
Can you make a split screen slide show with powerdirector 16? I cand figure a way of doing it. I have two seperate slide shows I want to show together when I set it up after making them videos only part of the slides show.

Thanks in Advance for Your Help,

Hi Randy Plum

You need to produce both of your slideshows first.

Open a new project.

Load slidshow 1 in track one.
Load slideshow 2 in track two
Highlight and double click on Slideshow 1 to open the PIP Designer. Use the handles to move and place the slideshow where you want it to play. click OK.

Do the same with Slideshow 2. Once you have exited the PIP designer and click on play you should see both running where you placed them.

If the slideshows are of different length you will have to fill the void with something or it will be just black. You will not be able to have them running side by side because the two slidshows will be out of proportion and look very odd.

So, in a nutshell, you will only be able to have them running side by side at quarter screen. If by some remote chance you want them side by side at full screen, uncheck maintain aspect ratio in PIP Designer.

Even if you use the Collage Designer the slideshows will be heavily cropped.

I hope this helps
Quote Just to clarify, Jack

Are you sure the whole project is not highlighted when you click on the trim button?

Robert

I'm sure I a missing something, but it seems to me that the trim function is covering the whole project. The selected split fragment should fill the whole trim screen, I am thinking.

I will try to post images of my attempts and put a link here.trim screenshots
Hope this link works. If not I will have to get a lesson in posting images for this site.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1rcs1n5ulfeheru/AADDZt4jt3zMDeU8BC60INYja?dl=0

Jack

Jack

When you have the trim tool open, try selecting "Multi Trim" at the top of the window. See if that helps

Robert

Thank you for your help, this didn't work. I know its a strange one. The icon of the .avi file that I have created, displays the image of the first video section and not the first image on the timeline of the video I have created. Is there some setting I am missing.

Liz

The only way we are going to get anywhere with this is if you post a screenshot of the faulty image. Then at least we will be able to see what you are trying to do.

pn a pc, windows 10. When i say run I mean double click. The .avi itself is fine. The problem is how it displays on windows in the file directory, have selected large icons.

So it's nothing to do with PowerDiredtor????

Is this what you mean: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/64234-change-folder-picture-windows-10-a.html
Quote Curious if anybody else has seen this or can re-create:

Problem: there's a bump/glitch in my title during the end effect when using the UNITE effect as the starting effect.

Steps:
Add a Title
Add UNITE as starting effect
Add FADE as the ending effect
Click option for Motion Blur

Preview or Render and see if there is a one frame "UNITE" glitch near the end (ie during the FADE effect).

I've noticed this only appears when the Motion Blur option is checked.

Can anybody confirm, or is it maybe something on my end?

Thx.

Sorry, but it works perfectly well for me.
Quote HI, please help. I am trying to create a product demo video. I love this program so far. I have finished my video and produced a .avi file. The first frame of the video is a picture of the product with contact details, when I run the .avi it is perfect, however, when I view the .avi file on my desktop the image displayed is the first video clip and not the picture with text that i need.. I a sure there is some setting I am missing. Thanks in advance. I am using PowerDirector 16 on a PC Windows 10.

You say "when I run the .avi it is perfect". What are you running it on?

Robert

Thanks, Robert. Nice screenshot and text entries.
I will work on it again when I get home tonight.
I'm pretty sure it's showing the whole project, because the in and out markers on my trim view show only a tiny fraction of the clip.
Maybe I can load some screen shots, once I figure out how to do it in this forum, or create a link to a file sharing site.
Maliek's video was the one I was referring to as my lesson!

Jack

Just to clarify, Jack

Are you sure the whole project is not highlighted when you click on the trim button?

Robert

I just recently downloaded so I believe that I have the latest version.

Also, I have not used the cropping tool. I have used Pan and Zoom feature in Magic Motion but it is frustrating me because I haven't figured out how to manipulate the feature to extend as far up without cutting the top part of my image off.

If you have PD16 you have a PD16 forum https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/show/164.page
However, you're here now so try this.

If you highlight your clip and click on TOOLS - Power Tools - Crop and Zoom and clck on the Crop and Zoom key. This will open the Crop & Zoom tool.

Have a play with it and see how you get on
Quote Hi All

I am struggling with learning how to pan and zoom on an image without the feature chopping off someone's head or top body using Magic Motion. Any suggestions?

First and foremost, dont use Magic Motion for cropping and zooming it's not really designed for precision zooming.

You dont say what version of PD you have, but somewhere in there is a crop and zoom tool or maybe just a crop tool which will be easier to control.

See if you can find it and give it a try. Hoever, some versions only have a crop facility in Power Tools where you can use keyframes to achieve you goal

i found my problem. I didn’t realize there was a volume control under the display that I must of slid to 0 at some point in time. Thanks for your assistance.

Hi, you may find it useful to read the Newbie Room article in issue 9 here https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/65951.page

I hope it helps

Robert

Great explanation Robert. Thanks for the screeen shot. laughing

Hi Maliek

A compliment indeed from you Sir, thank you.
Quote Video help on YouTube shows selecting a split off segment in timeline, and then opening the trim tool to trim that section only.
When I split off a segment of the main video on the timeline, select it and then open the trim tool, I am facing the entire project, not just the highlighted split off piece.

I'm new to the program, so I'm sure it's something I am doing wrong.

Any suggestions or advice appreciated.

Jack

I dont think you are seeing the entire project just a greatly enlarged part of the clip that you highlighted before opening the Trim tool

Have a look at the attached, it may help. EDIT: Where I have said "see the whole project" I should have said "see the whole clip"

Robert

Thank you, Hatti.
I have seen some of them and will pursue your suggestions.

What I am missing is an explanation of how the multiple tracks come together. I guess I'll just have to work with it .
It looks funny to me to see the main video on the first timeline and then another video on the second time line, in the middle of the first one. How do those get together?

I'll keep working on it.
Jack

Hi Jack

At the top of this forum there is a sticky called PD News. Open the issues from number 2 and read the Newbie Room articles. Hopefully you will find them all useful. They are designed for people just like you.

Robert
Quote Yes!

Hi Loren

Where you may find the biggest difference between 11 and, say, 16 is in the speed of processing. Shadow files will be essential, and on versions prior to PD15 they were notoriously slow to process.

4K video takes a lot more computer power, so if your PC is not at the top level you may experience jumping and the like on the timeline. While 4K is great, to get the best out of it you will need a 4K TV or whatever, that can view it. Otherwise there is no point having 4K.

IMHO I would upgrade to the latest PD version to obtain optimum speeds. Sometime soon I suspect PD17 will be on the market so you could keep an eye out for PD16 bargains.

I only shoot in 4K and I use PD16 without any real problems, but I do have a reasonable spec machine.

Why not post a copy of your PCs DxDiag file so that other members of the forum can comment on your combatability with 4K

I hope this helps you

Robert
Quote Hi guys I am trying to create a motion intro to a video as follows I have an image of clockworks into which I want to drop an image of a spanner and create some sparks at the point where it lands. I then wish the title to fade into the image and after a few seconds fade to the start of the video. One, how do I create the spanner image without a background and two, how do I do the rest. Any help at all would be most appreciated.

You need to open your spanner image in Photshop or similar software such as Paint.net. Erase the background so all you see is the spanner. Now save it as a .PNG file. PNG files maintain their transparancy so when you load it into your PD project you will only see the spanner
Go to: