Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Any chance you are previewing the timeline in clip mode vs movie mode? Use Pg Down on keyboard to get to movie mode priot to timeline playback preview and see if playback is then correct as a mix of all audio tracks.

Jeff

No, I don't think so because the audio won't play in the preview window whether I click on it in the Media Room or in the timeline. Must be something about the audio format, because I used HandBrake to convert the clip from MTS to MP4 and it plays fine. See the attached MedioInfo image for the parameters of the one that wouldn't play. Is there something in there that PD doesn't do well with?
I have narration on the audio track of my video. On track 4 audio I have some quiet background music. Then partway through the video I want to also bring in some nature sounds. I tried to do this by putting these sounds on track 2 audio but as soon as the play head gets to this point the music on track 4 audio stops...it is blocked by the nature sounds on track 2.

Is it possible to have 3 audio channels playing simultaneously? If so, I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks for any suggestions...
Quote It's not entirely clear from your description, but I think you may have missed a step or possibly misinterpreted how to work with a packed project.

When PD packs a project, it copies ALL media clips from wherever they're stored on your computer to the packed project folder. It also "flattens" the entire project file so that it shows all media clips, custom titles, downloaded FX, etc stored directly in the packed folder.

In your original project, each timeline item has a path name pointing directly that item's exact drive, folder and all subfolder location, but in the packed project PD will only look for them in the packed folder. If you're not seeing that on your new PC, then it sounds like you aren't opening the packed version of the project.

Same goes for if you're seeing PD on your older system accessing meida on the C: drive. That's not the packed project.

Maybe if the explicit steps are listed it will make more sense.

1. On your original system, open the first project you want to transfer

2. From the File menu, select Pack Project Materials and choose a folder on your external hard drive

3. Wait for PD1x to copy everything, then disconnect the external hard drive when it's safe to do so

4. On your new system, connect the external drive and navigate to the packed folder

5. Double-click on the PDS file inside and the entire project - including all media files - should load

That sounds exactly like the issue. I just copied the folder with all the packed materials from one hard drive to the other and tried to open it on the new computer. I'll try letting PD "do the packing" for me onto the external drive. I'll respond after I've had a chance to try it...tomorrow probably. Thanks!
I moved from an older XPS-8700 (on which the project was created) to an XPS-8940 (details at bottom). I installed PD14 and PD19 on the new computer and I also copied all of the packed project materials to the new computer. When I try to open the project in either PD14 or PD19, it imports a lot of the transitions, effects, etc., but doesn't import any of the media into the library...it is empty. As as result, you can play the project but there are no images or music, just blank screens. All of the media are in the packed project file on the new computer.

As a test, I went back to the original computer. It loads the project and the media from the system C-drive and plays the video just fine, whether I'm using PD14 or PD19. What doesn't work, however, is when I try to load the project and the media from an external hard drive (to which I had copied the project and media). Apparently Power Director doesn't like it when I try to load the project and media from anywhere other than the original hard drive on which it was created.

I must be doing something wrong, because I can't believe that PD would restrict the editing of a project to the original machine on which it was created.

Thanks in advance...
I don't have a Color LUT option available in the fx room. I just updated to the latest version of PD19 (v. 2521).

Perhaps LUTs are only available on PD 365?
Quote It looks like relating to your Windows account authority. The SW installer can't access the folder in the error message to uncompress the software before starting the installing processes. You can try to check your Windows account authority setting.

Thanks for the suggestion! I had no idea what I was doing, but I went into "Settings" and freed up all the constraints I could find. That worked and the update installed just fine, but I still don't know which particular change I made solved the problem.

Ignorance is bliss!
I tried running the patch file as adminstrator, but that didn't help.
I get the attached error message when trying to update my new copy of PD19 that I just installed today. My current version is 19.0.1929.0 (64-bit).
Quote Here is a link to the last discussion on Nvidia Hardware video encoding with both PD14 and PD19: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/84247.page . There are links to the spreadsheet for PD14 use and a comparison of encode times using current Nvidia graphics cards. They are all said to have the same decoder and encoder in the chip and performance should be the same. I did notice that the super cards with gddr6 memory appear to encode slightly faster.

Thanks for the link...that's exactly what I needed. optodata's results make me optimistic that I'll be seeing significantly increased performance. With my current setup, I haven't been able to use FVRT or hardware acceleration.

Dan
I've tried searching the forum for an answer, but I'm probably not asking the question in the right way.

I'm ready to buy a new desktop with an i9-10900 processor and an NVIDIA RTX 2060 Super GPU. I also plan to buy PD19. Before buying either, however, I want to make sure that PD19 is able to effectively utilize the GPU. I've read that Adobe Premiere and DaVinci are "optimized" for use with the RTX 2060 Super, but I don't really know what that means. Is PD19 in any way "optimized" for use with the RTX 2060 Super?

Sorry if I've missed the answer elsewhere, but I have looked...

You say several years, PD14 really has not been updated since version 2820, 5/2016 so you could really have the latest. Just click PowerDirector in upper right corner and validate version. Patch 4207, 7/2017 was also released which just addressed uploading video to social networking sites from internal to the program which has been reported as broken again anyhow.

Jeff

Thanks, Jeff. I have version14.0.2820.0, so I guess I'm as up to date as I need to be. I've ordered the new pc (from an earlier thread), so I'll be ordering PD19 when it arrives.

Dan
I just opened PD 14 after several years (!) of not using. It said there was an update available, but when I went to install it, I got the attached error message.

Any suggestions (other than buying PD19)?
Can PD18 or 19 burn to blu-ray discs?
Before I spring for PD18 standalone and a new desktop, I'd like to see if anyone can see any obvious mismatches or bottlenecks in the system:

Intel i9 10900

Windows 10 64 bit

NVIDIA GeForce RTX2060 Super 8GB DDR6

Blu-Ray DVD read/write

500W power supply

2x16GB (32GB) DDR4, 2933 MHz

2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD

2TB SATA 7200RPM HDD

Thanks in advance,

Dan
Quote You can record up to 120fps with the ScreenRecorder2 app that comes bundled with PD14.

My PD14 has ScreenRecorder, not ScreenRecorder2. When I look at the "Settings" options for frame rate, I can choose either 15, 25, or 30fps, nothing faster.

When I look at the properties of the video on the screen, it shows 1920x1080 and 59.94fps, so the frame rate in ScreenRecorder is not limited by what's on the screen.
I'm using my camcorder as a webcam. It is set to output 1920x1080 at 60fps (59.94). My PENGO HDMI-to-USB converter is capable of converting a 1080p image at 60fps.

I set up a custom profile on the webcam capture page to record at 1920x1080, but I don't have the option of setting the frame rate. It is set to 30fps (29.97).

When I record using the capture controls, it records a 1920x1080 image, but only at 30 fps. Why does PD14 insist on 30fps? Is there any way to change this to 60fps?

Thanks for your help...
Quote Very frustrating. I may have to concede failure in getting this to work.

In Audacity, I converted my audio file to WMA (version 2) Files (FFmpeg). I then imported that into PoerDirector and dropped it into the vacant audio track. I saved it and exported it.

I checked the Properties for this file, and even though it is just shy of 1MB file size at about :58sec, it is still a PDS file. It won't copy into my phone.

I know I'm doing a couple things wrong here. I have a couple earlier versions with different codecs in my phone now, but I believe the large file size is stopping it from uploading to IG. The recent video files are small, but won't copy into my phone, I think because theyre pds files.

A PDS file does not contain your video project. It just contains a list of actions that PD needs to take in order to edit your media files. (It used to be called an edit decision list, or EDL, back in the dark ages). In order to make a playable project, you must first produce it in PD using the Produce tab. I'm afraid I can't help you decide which format to choose for a Samsung phone, though....
Quote I can't conquer this and it's making me crazy. It ruins my videos and requires work-arounds to disguise it that aren't what I want to do and don't work that well.

When fading in or out on a light (sometimes dark) sky scene, I get this weird 'shimmer' thing. problem clip -- ten seconds on Vimeo and you have to watch closely. Also attached a screen shot here. Can someone please help?!?

Note: I render with LRTimelapse and the results are fine ... PD puts on the shimmer.

Sorry, I don't see it at 1080 resolution. But I don't get a fade at 5 seconds, just a jump from light to dark. After that it's too dark to see a shimmer.
Quote Booting in safe mode (admin) I can alter a background. sfc/scannow found no errors. I have never tried to do anything in the bios, except after I put a new added drive in my boot drive/order went haywire and I had to wait for the machine to find the OS every time I fired it up.. I found it difficult to even get into the bios. My friends and workmates think I am the neighborhood wiz, but I know better!

Wiz has several meanings...
Mine appears to be v2820, which is the patch released last year. A member recently posted that theirs is v2918. Is this a meaningful difference? Should I be concerned? Can one update without a patch?

Inquiring minds want to know...

P.S. That member did mention that theirs came pre-installed on a computer they purchased. Could this be the difference?
When I open PD and click on "Power Director" in the upper right corner, it shows the version and build...
Go to: