Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'd also add that video from PowerPoint does not make for good editing video.

For one that, that 2048x1080 anamorphic 16:9 is pretty non-standard -- so any video editing app is going to be compromised by it (even though it may look fine in a media player). So that's likely a large part of the problem.

There are also potential issues with that MP42 codec.

When you say "the output quality" is worse, what exactly do you mean? Is the color bad? Is the resolution poor?
What device or software created the video you are editing?

Is your video coming from more than one device?

Open one of your source videos in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the text of this full report and paste it to this forum.

With this detailed information, we'll be better able to diagnose why things didn't turn out well.
My first thought is that the program is still choking on your lack of hard drive free space. 16 gig is still pretty tight for transcoding video. I start to panic when my drive gets below 50-75 gig. And, though some people thinks it's an antiquated concept, I still defrag my drive, especially when free space starts getting low. That keeps all the free space in one spot so that programs can better use it for creating and moving large temp files.

You also don't say how long your movie is. But try making a copy of your project file as a test and cut it down to about a 10 minute movie and try to output DVD files from there. If that works, then the issue is definitely hard drive free space, since the program can transcode shorter movies but not a larger epic.
What are the specs of the video you are trying to edit and what device created them?

Also, what operating system are you using with which processor, and how much free space is on your hard drive?
Crtl+Del limits the ripple to only the current clip.

Try using Alt+Del and see if that changes your results.
There is likely a way to do it with the new Object Selection tools and a mask.

When you delete a segment, which ripple option do you choose?
I don't know why that is, but I've manually removed it.

Thank you, Warry!
Thank you both very much!

I've corrected the link. Hope you enjoy the tuts!
I've just updated my YouTube channel with fresh tutorials on CyberLink PowerDirector 21 Ultimate/365 including tutorials on the Video Intro Room and Designer, the very cool, new AI Object Selection effects and a look at the new title effects and tools. I've also created a new 8-part Basic Training series for the latest version of the software.

You can find it all, and much more, on my YouTube playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfpVJuTmZEi04Lypg7Vc9MDtYF8yG08je
There is no magic fix for this. That's why it drives TV stations crazy when people provide upright phone video of events for a news report.

You can enlarge the video to 178% its size. That way it will fit width wise (and you'll lose some of the top and bottom). Nearly doubling a video's size, however, can also make for a blurrier, less-clear picture. But that's the compromise you have to make with badly shot video.

You can also use this trick, which is what they usually do when they use phone footage in TV news reports. The tutorial is for a different video editing program but the principle is the same.

A little challenging to pull that off in PowerDirector. That type of 3D camera tracking is best handled with an effects program like After Effects or HitFillm.
Thanks for buying the book, Heavytiger!

But sorry, I'm not aware of a tutorial on animating masks to recommend.
Well, there is no Roto Brush in PowerDirector, as there is in After Effects. But there are a number of ways to do this effect, depending on how much work you want to put into it.

You could simply cross-dissolve from the video clip of the wall to the video clip of the man in front of the wall. That's a simple way to do it. Other transitions will make him appear in more interesting ways.

More high-level effects would involve using animated masks to reveal him one appendage at a time. But, again, that depends on how much work you want to put into it. If you just want to have the man appear to dissolve through the wall or appear magically, a simple cross-dissolve or transition will do.
The Screen Recorder in PowerDirector Ultimate actually has a feature that will add a picture-in-picture of you on your web cam to your screen recording. That's what you're seeing on YouTube. People recording themselves live reacting to a video they are screen recording as it plays.

But even if you just have a video on your timeline, you can record yourself reacting to it and add that recording as a picture-in-picture in your movie.

Great news, Tom! Glad we could help.
A PDS is a project file, not a media file.

What happens if you File/Open the PDS rather than trying to import it as media?

But if you're having trouble importing any media file into your project, it's possible there's something wrong with your process.

What menus are you choosing and what steps are you taking to add media to your project?

My Basic Training tutorial might help. Otherwise, please describe the steps you're taking so we can see what's going wrong when.

Are you saying that your 1920x1080 MP4 output is not playing smoothly? It's pretty unlikely PowerDirector would produce an unplayable HD file from any source.

What software are you using to play this MP4? Try using the excellent VLC Media Player and see if you get the same result.
Are you asking for help or are you just criticizing the program?

This is a user-to-user forum. All we can do is offer advice and assistance.

Meantime, have you checked the free title templates in the Director Zone? There are more than 250 there.

And, if you like PowerDirector as an editor, it's also available to create titles in a separate program and use them in a PowerDirector project, if that's what you prefer.
It could be related to the resolution of the video you're working with. (You don't say what it is.)

It could also be highly compressed video. Particularly if it came from a source other than a camcorder, the video may be so highly compressed that it doesn't offer a clean color break between the actor and the green sceen.
You don't say what the source is for the MPEG or what the video's deep specs are.

Open the MPEG in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the text of this report and paste it to this forum. With these detailed specs we can better offer you specific advice.
Go to: