Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: I've tested render speeds with my GTX1070 GPU and, on my PC, render speeds are 5% faster with just 'Enable hardware decoding' checked as opposed to both 'Enable OpenCL...' and "Enable hardware...' ticked.

I should add that this is when converting a 40 minute 1920x1080 m2ts 28mbps 50p project to MP4 1920x1080 25p 16mbps file in 'Produce' with the 'Fast Rendering Technology: Hardware Video Encoder' ticked. It's 12min 47sec with just "Enable Hardware..' ticked and 14min 40sec with both ticked. Not a huge difference.

It may be very different with different source material on a different PC with a different GPU etc.

Andrew

Andrew (and Jeff), I am seeing the exact same thing when I monitor Video Engine Load which, to me, is pretty confusing. How does it make sense that encoding runs faster when you do NOT check Enable OpenCL?

With these new GPU beasts (I just purchased the GTX1060 based on what I have been reading in these forums - thanks!), I suspect a lot more people are going to want to maximize the usage of those beasts. Maybe Cyberlink needs to rethink how they communicate what is actually happening when you check or don't check certain boxes.
Hey, thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a try next week!
I have noticed the same issue as the original poster for months. It drives me crazy as we produce weekly videos for church services using PD14 and I hear the "scratchy" audio every week. Grrrrr.

As an experiment, this weekend I completely reinstalled W10 Pro and then no other programs except for PD14. Then I removed it and installed PD13.

I produced an MP4 file (1080p/59.95/192Kb) from both programs using exact same source material. Again, PD13 sounds fine while PD14 has that distortion.

Pretty disappointed to see other folks having this issue for months and yet no patch issued to fix it.

I'll stick with PD13 for now and will be very hesitant to upgrade when PD15 comes out. I will probably look at alternatives.
Go to: