Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hello
Please could someone tell me the way to get the day to night effect.
Thank you

Hi Dazzmos

I know someone has answered your question, but I've been off line for a while, so I thought I'd still reply with a link to my "Day to Night" settings in my Director Zone. The video preset has been downloaded over 1800 times so it must be helping some people .innocent https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/131623992 . Of course, you can always tweak the settings to suite your needs.
Cheers

100% not really a good thing or any indication things are performing well. Basically, as tomasc said, you are using the GPU for decoding timeline content with your check in pref > Hardware Acceleration and the GT 640 is woefully incapable at Ultra HD preview, so the 100% usage. You should have had a screen similar to attached, obviously once you acknowledge, yes, render preview will occur automatically. I'd suggest a more reasonable playback resolution for a better overall editing experience.

Additionally, your CPU is probably far more capable for decoding vs the GT 640, adjust in pref > Hardware Acceleration.

Jeff

Hi JL_JL Many thanks for your reply.
Yeap, that all figures, using older tech with new tech doesn't prove to be the best of pals. But, I had to save some cash by recycling my old GPU, I'm hoping that I'll be in a better postition in the near future to replace it. I'm also back to using Full HD preview.

Cheers
Quote I can confirm that trying to work at Ultra HD Preview Resolution will require pre-rendering of all clips even on very fast systems. That makes it pretty much unusable for me as every time you make a timeline change, PD has to render the affected section all over again.

I agree with tomasc that there's also no need to use shadow files at all, and running PD at Full HD Preview Resolution should give you a very smooth editing response.

Hi optodata, thanks for your recomendation, really appreciate it. Yes, I agree with you about using a lower Preview resoloution during editing, it does make life a bit easier. I think I was just trying to see what the new PC could do innocent but I've since gone back to Full HD Preview.
Thanks again.

Cheers
Quote Thank you very much for the screen recording on YT. Based on the documentation and the YT video supplied you do have a modern powerful cpu and a keppler 2012 vintage gpu. You have shadow files enabled that have not finished yet (Yellow instead of Green). Your initial preview resolution is set to UHD 4k resolution.

The Preferences/Hardware acceleration have both checkboxes checked. I would uncheck both to see if that stops the automatic preview rendering. If that doesn’t work then lower the Preview quality to either HD or High. You don’t need shadow files on this pc to edit 4K video. Uncheck Enable shadow files ... in the Preferences/General. Believe that the videos on the timeline are AVC h.264 4K because that GT 640 has that avchd hardware decoding but not for h.265.

Supplying a DxDiag.txt would be very helpful and is the next step for this pc.

Hi tomsac, thanks for your reply.
I'm sorry for the delay in repling but I had to wait till I had some time to delve further into your suggestions. Please find enclosed DX file as per your request.
We've had to spend a lot of cash ( all of it quite unexpectedly ) in the past few weeks ! I decided to keep the old GPU just to try and save money. Hopefully, it'll be replaced at some point when I start earning money again! embarassed

Cheers

That actually sounds more like an anomaly rather than a feature. Can you post a screen shot so one can see exactly what you reference? More than likely PD is not getting some feature of the GPU correctly if you are seeing a render preview green status bar without initiating a manual render preview with any modern GPU hardware.

Jeff

Hi JL_JL & tomasc

I've used screen recorder to record my playing timeline and simultaneously rendering !

My new CPU is an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-core Processor with 16 logical processors with 32 gig ram.

I'm still using my old GPU, a Nvidia GeForce GT 640 but it can now run at 100% which it never did before.

PowerDirector 365 timeline playing while rendering

Thanks locktas, the results are surprisingly good !surprised

Cheers

This has been brought up in this and other forums. I have never experienced this automatic preview rendering in any version of PowerDirector, in any pc. Editing HEVC 60p 4K is slow so I enable shadow files to work with them. For whatever reason I haven't experienced automatic preview rendering. I have used the manual preview rendering in the past.

Hi tomsac, I've just upgraded my PC yesterday and we've just started trading again. I've only managed to look at PD once so far but I should have some more time in the next few days and I'll gladly try and supply more details.

Cheers

Hiiii Kyyyyle! (Couldn't help myself from making the Family Guy reference - Google it).

If I undertand your question the render preview function has been around since PD 11.

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=16451

When the previews of your project are not so smooth, the automatic render preview feature reduces lagging.

Hi Maliek, how is going? Love the refferencesmile
Yes, I've used manual render for lots of projects. But I've never being able to play the timeline while rendering is being carried out at the same time ! It's all new to me. laughing Mind you, my old PC was starting to struggle with PowerDirector.
Glad I upgraded innocent

Cheers
Wow, just changed my PC and now I have rendering while playing 4K in the timeline !
Is this something new or is it just something I've been missing all these years?
Anyway, it's a brilliant step forward.cool
Cheers

Photoshop is an industry standard. Maybe with it it will turn out better? )))

Hi selersanthony, you're quite right, Photoshop is the software that most folk who do retouch/colourising use.
But you see the problem is I don't have/own it ! I'm looking to see if it's possible to use a bit of software that I've used for many a year now. Even though PhotoDirector "isn't quite there - yet", PD is improving all the time and has great scope, I just need to upgrade my old PC to get the best out of itinnocent

Cheers
Quote Google what you want to do and find that there are apps out there that use Artificial intelligence to make it much easier to colorize photos over like doing it manually in PhotoDirector.

Thanks tomsac, did a search the resilts are very interesting for a very quick result. smile I would still like to try to achieve better results by doing it myself ( if possible !), must be my arty background I guessinnocent

Take care.
OK, however you spell it on which ever side of the pond laughing Has anyone had any success with adding colour to old photos ?

Included is a photo I've started in some "other" photo editing software, but I can't make it work in PhotoDirector! The "How To Do It" help videos are not very helpful for what I'm trying to achieve here.

Any suggestions please ?

Cheers

An update for anyone following this. I am up to five individual tracks recorded as above. Because I was worried about the ability to Synch by Audio all those tracks, I had the pianest do a loud hand clap before starting to play, to use as a backup method of synchronization. To make a long story short, I was unab.e to syncn five tracks using Synch by Audio, so I did resort to manually aligining the sharp blips of the handclap in the audio tracks. That did work.

Well done on managing to do a manual sync, it's not the easiest way but sometimes you have to resort to this method.

Just a little question... Did you trim ALL the clips to just a few second around the handclap, THEN use PD to sync up. After the sync has been performed ( it's usually quite quick when using this method !) you just pull out he tails of the clips to there full length, it usually stays in sync for the entire length. I've had to use this method for long-ish clips.

thanks for keeping us updated
Quote Kyle 40 I'm glad that your system seems more stable. No need to worry about the RAM diagnostics crashes at this point, I only mentioned them in case that rang a bell for you.

I guess just sit back, stick with your current system and enjoy the May weather. I'm doing fine over here, as are my friends and extended family so far. Best wishes to stay healhy to you and yours

That's good to hear, thanks again cool
Quote Your nVidia driver is about 9 months out of date, and you should download the latest driver for the UK from here.

Your latest Blue Screen crash was definitely caused by the nVidia driver, and you should follow steps 2 - 6 in this post to do a clean install and hopefully clear up the problem.

The other thing that concerns me is that thee are 2 failures of "MemDiagV1" listed at the end of the DxDiag results, which implies that a memory (RAM) diagnostic was being run and it failed. If there are actually serious problems with your RAM, that would be grounds to get your system repaired or replaced ASAP.

Hi optodata, how are you doing?

Many thanks for your reply. I've updated the old nVidia driver following your suggestions. It's strange that Win10 insisted that the old driver was uptodate and OK!
No crashes so far
I'm concerned about your comments over RAM. The thing is I was in the process of buying a new PC, but the model I was after sold out seconds before I pressed the "BUY" button. Then this daft virus put paid to me earning any cash for a few months! But in away I'm pleased I didn't spend nearly £1k as it's going to be many more months before I can start to earn again. At least the weather has been nice over here.

P.S. sooorry for the late reply as I never received any notification of your reply

Take care .
I'm sure this has happened after my Win 10 pc downloaded updates as everything worked wellish before the updates!

The first Blue screen of death was a "Kernel_Mode_Heap_corruption" checking this one out, the suggestions were to update the GFX drivers but they're the latest Nvidia drivers already installed and all up to date!

The latest blue screen " nvlddmkm.sys" + "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA", I suppose this si still relating to my Nvidia GFX card.

Could anyone please tell me if my best way forward would be to delete the Nvidia GFX drivers and reinstall a new set?

Cheers

Yes, thank you. I was thinking along those lines as a fall-back if I could not get the synch by audio to work. To use that method, do you just greatly expand the tracks and then try to match some early peak in the audio waveform?

Yes, that would do it, then It's just a trial and error to move the track(s) back or forward a frame at a time to clean up the audio sync.
What a great idea, great fun.

Cheers
Quote Hello Kyle,

Nice to see you still exploring photography & visiting the forum laughing

I just made a PhD preset (it's on DZ) that does exactly what you're asking. When adjusting the curve, in this case, it's important to remember to uncheck 'Tonal Region".

PIX

Hi Pix, Hope you keeping safe & well.
Yes I still look in every so often but haven't had too much time to experiment recently until now. It appears now to be the near perfect time to catch up and a lot of those jobs that's been put at the back of your mind to do when you're quite. I still don't think that I'll be able to digitise all my library but it's a start laughing
Thanks for your help but I had already followed tomsacs advice. Strangly enough, I did trie to reply to tomasc earlier on, but for some reason couldn't post my reply until now! Must be too many people on Tinternet no doubt smile

Cheers
Quote The answer for the B&W images is here in the 2nd thread of this recent post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/81477.page#335292 .

hi tomsac, hope you're safe and well. Thank you for your reply it was most helpful in prompting me to get the ole gray matter thinking again( must be all this sitting around ( I wish )!

B&W negative
It was the Tonal Region setting the foxed me, but as you can see, I followed your advice.
Cheers
I have alread scanned some 5x4 B&W negatives and would like to produce some prints after I've removed scatches and spot marks.
Any help to produce a positive image from a B&W image would be gratefully accepted.

Cheers
Quote belated happy new year to you, too.

cpu power is good. it's 12065; however, RAM is only 8GB and SSD is only 256GB!
i'd recommend at least 16GB RAM and 500GB SSD.
2TB HDD and GTX 1660 6GB vRAM is pluses +++. thumbs up.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

Cheers PepsiMan. That's given me confidence in the offer, I'll get the extra ram too.

cheers
Go to: