Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I used Modify >> Transition Designer and either (1)changed to Crossfade, inserted a keyframe at the halfway point and moved the slider to B(100) at that point then the slider at the last keyframe to A(0). The result is three keyframes that go from 0 at the beginning to 100 midway then back to 0; or (2) change to Overlap and moved keyframe at the beginning to B(100) and the keyframe at the end to A(0). I thought that would reverse the way the transition occurs. Tried several variations on this technique, but I couldn't find one that worked the way I hoped.

Karl
A little more detail about what I am looking for:

1. At the end of the first image (or video clip), the iris (or circle) closes on the first image; the background is black.

2. At the beginning of the second image (or video clip), the iris (or circle) opens with the second image inside. Again, the background is black.

jcardana's approach almost works, but I can't seem to get the second image inside the opening iris...it closes AND opens on the first image. I've tried putting the images back to back on the same video track with the transition modified to (1) overlap; (2) cross.

I tried putting the transition at the end of the first image and at the beginning of the second image, but reversed...can't make it work like I want it to.

I also tried putting the images on separate tracks; tried putting a black color board between them; I feel like this should be a simple procedure, but it's just not working for me. Frustrating!

Thanks to all of you who are helping me with this.

Karl

If I can't find a true iris wipe, this one will do nicely. Thanks for your help.
Thanks, but that is not exactly what I was looking for. The opening and closing iris is fine, but I want to use this as a transition in PowerDirector. Not sure how to do that with an animated GIF.

Yes I know that iris and shutter are different, but I wanted to get as many responses as possible by including both terms. Thanks for your quick response though.

Karl
I am looking for a camera shutter transition that is a camera iris closing and opening. I have checked the transitions in PD13, searched Director Zone, google searched and looked at several effects websites, but I can't find anything that is specific to PD. Can anyone help me find or create one?

Karl

PD13, Windows7, 64bit
Excellent suggestion, Borgus1. Why didn't I think of that?

Oh well, I went ahead and bought PD13, so it's moot now.

Since I bought PD13, I guess PD14 will be released in the next month or two!

Karl
Thanks. Looks like PD13 is now on my BUY list.

Sorry, I didn't realize that I had already asked this question.
After modifying/editing a clip on the timeline, I want to save the edited version from the timeline to a disk file so I can use it in other videos in the future. I would like to be able to simply highlight the edited clip on the timeline and produce only that edited clip (in some suitable format) to a disk file so I can imporet it into a future PD project.

That seems like a simple procedure, but I can't find any forum topic that specifically answers/explains it. Can anyone help? Is there a video out there that explains it? Should this be a suggestion to Cyberlink for future versions?

I'm using PD11 on a Windows 7, 64 bit, fast computer with 8MB memory.

Karl
Time to UPGRADE!
I'm considering getting PD13. Is it easier in the new version?
After splitting a clip in the timeline, I want to either (1) put the split pieces back into the media room library, or (2) export the split pieces to a hard drive.

I can't find any way to do this. Help??
Go to: