Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The silence is deafening! 47 views but no replies. I guess this just confirms my opinion of the menu designer interface.
I haven't used PD for at least 2 years and I've never found it's Create Disc interface very user-friendly and this latest issue has me stumped. I've been creating a test disc with one project which is produced to a .M2TS file at the same settings as the original source video. This is imported into the Create Disc module. In the Menu Designer I created a single button in the root menu with adjacent text. On the preview screen the button is aligned just to the left of the text but when I burn the Blu-Ray disc and play it in my stand-alone player it's displaced upwards and further left (see attached images).

After creating the menu I'm burning the project to an ISO file then burning a rewritable Blu-Ray disk using Imgburn.

I actually can't see any way to position the button and text separately. The interface is just so clunky and confusing. Has anyone any suggestions as to what's going on here?
Quote By copying the keyframes you can probably also paste these setting to other images if you would want that…. (Again, I don’t recall whether that option is available in 16, otherwise consider upgrading).

You can certainly copy keyframe attributes from one clip and paste into others and I recently discovered you can actually copy and paste between clips in different projects, at least that works in PD13 and I would imagine it will also work in newer versions.
Quote Same issue here. Oddly, I have been using powerdirector for a couple of years without the problem. I even edited some video a week ago with no problem. This just started out of the blue. I figure I must have changed some setting somewhere without realizing it, but I canot tink of what it may be.

If you're running Windows 10 or 11 have you considered a recent update might have broken something?
Thanks tomasc, At least I'll know what to do if it keeps popping up. I haven't seen it before as far as I can remember so maybe just a glitch.
Can anyone explain to me in simple terms what this alert is all about? It popped up as I was producing a project.

It didn't affect the production process which I allowed to run to completion before I clicked on the 'No' button. There was no further response.
How long have you waited for them to generate? With very large original files it might take some time.

They don't have to regenerate when you edit. They are just low-resolution copies of the original files and when you produce the final video your edit decisions are applied to the originals.
It definitely shouldn't be taking that long and has obviously hung. If the machine's still running you can bring up Task Manager and force-quit the installer then try installing again.

I'm no expert in these things but it would be helpful for the other forum members if you give some information about your system. See this link to create a DXdiag file. Save the file and attach it to your reply using the 'Attachments' button. Don't just paste the contents into a reply as it takes up a lot of screen space.
Quote Got the PD with the laptop. Says its PowerDirector LE (UWP)

Your suspicion is correct. The "LE" shows it's a crippled version which may well be the reason it won't save the download.
I cannot get out of the loop I finish up in. Not even being able to close PD. I have had the same thing happen with a few completely different Projects, and have had to re-boot the laptop to lose PD, then start again.

I can't comment on your m2ts file problem but you may be interested to know that you can force-kill programs that won't close. Use Ctrl/Alt/Del and select Task Manager. You can then select the offending task or process from the list presented and end it.
Microsoft releases a “quality update” to Windows on the second Tuesday of each month, which is known as “Patch Tuesday” so if your problem started around that time it could be a clue.

It might well be worth trying a rollback. That might confirm an update as the issue.

It annoys me that Microsoft have removed the controls over updates that it provided in earlier versions. I find it a very arrogant attitude. I've seen reports in the past of buggy updates breaking user's systems. This is why I still use Windows 7 on my Power Director system.
Windows 10 update?
Quote Checked with EaseUS data recovery and could see/recover the FOLDER, but containing only 28 photos, instead of more than 400 different photos and videos.

I'm afraid I can't help with your main problem as to why the folder disappeared but I may be able to explain why so many files in the recovered folder were missing. You may be aware that when files are deleted they are not physically erased. They are simply removed from the directory and the space they occupy is marked as available for re-use. I think Windows runs a disk defragmenter in the background whenever it's booted up and this may have overwritten some of this space.

That's just my guess. Maybe someone with more expertise with Windows can confirm or deny this.
It's normal for newer versions of PD to be able to open and edit files saved in earlier versions but once they're saved in the new version they can no longer be opened in the older one.
If you right-click on one of the entries in the media library and select 'View Properties' it will display the video and audio properties of the original material. I think If you then create a custom profile with these values you should find the SVRT button in Fast Video Rendering Technology becomes available (it might even set by default). This feaure will only render items in the timeline that have had effects (e.g. transiions and titles) applied. Unmodified footage will simply be copied to the output file unchanged. As well as being faster this avoids loss of quality and the introduction of artefacts.
If you're running Windows 10 it's possible that a recent update has changed the way the system communicates with PD16. The only things I can suggest are either to completely uninstall and then reinstall PD16 or try to perform a Windows System Restore to a date before you noticed the problem.

Hopefully one of the true experts will respond soon with better and more helpful advice.
One way to do this would be to use something like PgcDemux to rip the DVD contents to video and audio streams that can then be imported into PD.
I am not a fan of Cloud storage, because you don't have complete control of your content.

At last! Someone who thinks as I do.
Good to see you posting on here again Carl. It seems a long time since you visited.
I think Martin68 had hit the nail on the head with his comments. With the processing power available in smartphones these days it beggars belief that a huge part of the market is ignored in this way. If Filmic Pro can make a smartphone shoot in fixed frame-rate 25fps or 50fps then the manufacturers could easily incorporate this into their phone settings.

Is it another case of the Americans trying to foist their standards on everyone else?
I'm so pleased to hear you've got it resolved. Well done Jeff !!
I don't profess to know anything about the internals of Windows but a web search brought up this explanation of the purpose of ctfmon.exe. Looks like you might not need it.

I take it from your reply that isn't the only issue though so I'm sorry if my advice has put you in a worse situation. Have you been able to see if your PD17 problem is resolved?
Go to: