Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi many thanks once again,

I have Nero 10 multimedia full package too, so i can do all my burning through Nero even though I have done all the editing, menus, chapters, and so on in Power director 9?.

In Nero 10 the is a little bit of software called Nero burning rom and Nero express plus many others - is it one of these two I use for burning?.

so the best way then to do this is first in PD9 is to burn to a folder and then use nero to point to the folder and then choose the relevant files to burn?.

Sorry again if I’m not making much sense only I’m very new to this and not that sure of the full procedure.

Many thanks to all of you for trying to help me.

Mervyn
Thanks guys, Hal it was a typo the total edited length of my my dvd is 4hrs.30 minutes = 14.5gb.
My plans are to have to the full length dvd but will be in on two disks = 2x 8.5gb which I yet have to buy so I'm thinking that 17gb in total should be enough to fit my 4hrs .30minutes (14.5gb) on to these two 8.5 disks please tell me that I will be able to achieve this and not compromise the quality,
My plans are to sell the finished dvds as they are tutorial dvds to do with my craft of pen making so you can understand that these have to be right for the customer.

Now that I know that I must have the duel layer 8.5gb disks will they be copied onto in the same way as a 4.7gb disk as I was told today by PCWorld that I would have to copy in both formats + & - disks.
Sorry for all the questions but im at that stage now where the footage has been saved and then needs to be burned onto a dvd ready for sale.

My kindest regards

Mervyn
Hi many thanks for a quick reply, so I should be able to burn 14- to 15 hours on to two dvds without any lose of qualtity by not using the smart fit.
so another quick question then by using the DVD-HQ in PD9 will all dvds that I burn play on any dvd player (+) and ( formats , or is it better just to buy both + and - dvds disks just to make sure.

Regards Mervyn
Hi all really hope you can advise, I have just edited my footage for my dvd I have got this down to 4 half hours but still got to do some voice overs as yet, now I think that the finished dvd will have to done on a double set disk one and disk two I want to keep the quality and not use smart fit because that just looks very messy as I found out on a test, if I buy 8.5gb duel layer dvds will I be able to fit the 4.5 hours on the two disks. Any advice would be great

I’m using PD9

I need to the quality it was filmed in 16.9 and pay format

I rendered the project mpeg-2 DVD HQ

Kind regards Mervyn
Many thanks I now understand as i googled my question and a post came up asking the same question as I have, DVD HQ then.

Many thanks

Mervyn
Hi many thanks for the reply.

In my PD9 these are other profile settings, here is the list all under the MPEG-2 TAB

DVD SP
DVD LP
DVD HQ

HDV MPEG-2 720P
HDV MPEG-2 1080i

BD 1480X1080
BD 1920X1080

(HD) MPEG-2 1080i is this the one I can use or am i getting confused over what one should be use.

I dont't really want to use another programe to to render my filming to a DVD as I thought PD9 would do the trick.

Thanks
Mervyn
Hi all a liitle confused over what profile settings I should have in power director9
In mpeg2 there are some profile settings and I'm not sure which one I should use.

The camera I used for my footage is the panasonic HDC-SD80 full HD 1920X1080 I used the highest setting when recording in 16.9 and avchd 1920 to get the best quality I need.
I know this is very high in the amount of data with around 4-5 hours of filming and hope to burn this on two dvds thats the plan now that the footage has been edited, I'm looking to get the best quality to go onto my dvds but not sure what profiles I should have.
do I use the setting (HD) mpeg-2 1080i
or DVD HQ or any of the other settings,

the finished DVD must play on a standard dvd player.

My PC system is high in spec with a 3.4ghz processor dual quad i7 2600 with 8 gb ram and one TB hardive and one TB external H-Drive and 64bit OS, so rendering should be ok.

Can you guys help with any of the settings I need and any other tips that might come in handy.

Kind regards Mervyn

Go to: