Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
We know, how to roll back to previous driver. wink

This is only a question, if someone else have the same experience with the new 416.16 GeForce Drivers and PD16 or the new PD17.
That's one of the reasons why I don't upgrade to new versions anymore. It does not make sense, since all old and important bugs are taken over anyway, like eg the GPU support of Nvidia, just with "Create Disc". Too bad, always had the hope that much will be fixed in a new version, but since version 15, nothing happens. In my eyes only "Cosmetic".

Now i stay on PD16 and don't upgrade to 17.
If I install the latest Geforce driver 416.16 on my Pascal GTX 1060, it is no longer possible to enable GPU fast rendering when producing videos (MP4, MKV). It does not matter if you produce in AVC or H.265, the field to enable the GPU support remains grayed out. PD16 is up to date, Windows 10 64Bit as well (1809).
Then I reinstalled the predecessor driver 411.70, and everything works again.
I bet it's happening on other Pascal GPU's and also in Power Director 17. What about with you ?
I stay on Version 16, no advanteges and minimal improvements for me in PD17.

If Creating of 4K BD is supported, i will change to newer Version. Not earlier anymore.
Here's a workaround or temporally fix for the 1080 BD Disc Interlaced Problem. Support mailed me after months of conversations.They don't have integrated it in an offical Patch, don't know why....

It works for me, but should be finally officially released.

Not guarantee that it works, it's unofficial !!!

Make Backup and test it. For me it works.
Thank you for cofirming.

I think that most usersi are still working on BD in 1080, with disc creation. 4K is still far from it. How can such a mistake not be noticed is already more than surprising. However, if you use PowerDVD17 for playback - like the support - all 1080i videos will not look good anymore. Because this has a problem with it as well.

Not to mention: 1080i (60i and 50i) is the standard for self-made BluRay movies.

I have not tried it with the DVD creation in PD16. But unfortunately the problem also occurs when producing videos, ie MKV or MP4 in 60i from any AVCHD H.264 Source in 60p. The result is simply not good. It no longer looks like 60 FPS, rather downsized like 20 or 25 FPS. Everything flickers, and floats. Even if Media Info says otherwise.

Unfortunately, Media Info does not recognize this, the data is almost like the video generated by PowerDirector 15.
With PowerDirector 15 there was never a problem with interlaced video. With PD16 this error occurs everywhere, unfortunately also with 50i.

Just imagine, the support could not verify that. The problem is clearly visible on every computer and every player, including BluRay Player and Media Player externally. But Cyberlink only tests with their raunchy PowerDVD17, which also has problems with Playback interlaced videos. It's the same sh..

After countless uploads of test files to the support, the problem could be confirmed on an external player. The whole thing took about 4 weeks to realize that something is wrong in PowerDirector 16.
I hope Cyberlink fixes this Big Bug, but I do not think so. I have sent so many bugs since the release of PowerDirector 14, so far none has been fixed. On the contrary, new ones have arrived.

Cyberlink should slowly focus on his main task, and not always integrate unnecessary stuff.
Don't know if it's the Trial, or a bug.

I create only 60p BluRay Discs, without problems. And the BD Disc movies playback is very smooth, with 60 FPS.
I have the same stuttering issues. And it's correct, PowerDVD 15 plays at example 720 50p MKV (TS Streams) in cinema Mode perfectly, but still stutters in PC Mode.

PowerDVD 17 stutters now in alle Modes, the settings doesn't change anything.

Cyberlink support was contacted several times, but nothing, really nothing changes until now.

On the contrary, everything has gotten worse.

Likewise in PowerDirector 16, which runs significantly worse, and now even makes problems when creating BDMV interlaced movies. The result is a stutter and jerk. ÜD15 created fluid Interlaced BD Movies, compare to v16.

Sorry, but every user sees the errors. The support allegedly falls on nothing. Instead, you should take screenshots and send them to the support... but these are problems with moving pictures.
That's just ridiculous and gets worse every year. Sometimes I do not feel taken seriously.
For me, I have decided - after 15 years of loyalty - to switch to other software, because I'm fed up and do not want to contact the support several times a year.
I have now uninstalled PD16 and PowerDVD17. I still use PD15 for editing and only MPC-BE as a media player.
Otherwise, I'm currently testing alternatives.

The missing for years, error-free Nvidia GPU support for BD discs is just a drop in the bucket. Since this does not work properly, they have completly disabled it. An absolute joke for me.

It does not matter which hardware you use, or which operating system, the problems have all remained. Always nice DXDIAG files and many screenshots including sample videos upload ... Bug fixed: ZERO.

The old Bugs will be dragged into the new versions, and then new ones will be added.
Quote i contacted customer service to see if i could get in touch with an engineer to resolve this issue, but it seems they think this is an nvidia problem....

here is my conversation (ATTACHED)

I have excatly the same conversations, beginning from PD14 to now in PD16. So long this "Bug" exists.

Nothing, really nothing changes.

On the contrary, the only thing Cyberlink has come to mind is that you have completely disabled the hardware video encoding for Nvidia GPU's since PD15.

Even if it is allegedly a Nvidia problem, Cyberlink would finally have to communicate with Nvidia, many users have already complained.

I do not believe that it is Nvidia's Bug, because other video software does not have such problems with it.
I think CL is just too "lazy" to customize the rendering engine. And as I said, you can see it almost everywhere, the Intel (U) HD Graphics is definitely preferred, there are little or no problems.

Well, I use both the integrated Intel UHD 630 Graphics, as well as my Geforce GTX1060 and switch to the input that I need right now.
If I had a Ryzen (without GPU), I would have a big problem.
I own a Intel Core i7 8700, GTX1060, NVME PCIe SSD Samsung Evo 960 and 32GB of Ram (3200) on a ASUS Z370-H. Windows 10 Pro and all Drivers up to date.

PD15 with latest Patch runs very good and fast, PD16 not. These Bugs are from First Release, and nothing changes until yet.

I reported bugs to support, but no answer.

Cyberlink has always been slow in terms of troubleshooting. I'm not waiting for half a year or more now until the bugs in PD16 are fixed. Or maybe not. Next time I will not buy it.
PD15 went very well and was a good base. I do not understand why did Cyberlink change a lot, and then released such a buggy.
I think it does not matter which hardware you use. I have a very fast system, but that does not help.

The problems are due to PD16. I have thus - in contrast to PD15 - also found qualitative. And on two different systems.

Anyway, when it comes to creating 1080i BD Discs Movies.

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/64952.page

That's why I'm working with PD15 again because it's faster and gives better results. And the Thumbnails Preview in the Timeline in PD15 works very much faster. With or without Shadow Files. In PD16 it seems, like it hangs all the Time.
I confirmed that. It's the same for me. PD15 shows the movie preview in the timeline much faster, than PD16.

I have both versions installed, and you can compare directly with each other. The images of the Movies in the timeline are displayed much faster in PD15, in PD16 it takes forever, and then usually only in the section in which one is currently.
Has anyone noticed a serious bug in PD16?

There is something wrong when you create a BD disc, conforming (BDMV, 1080 60i). In all other Power Director versions, such as PD15, it is that a created BD disc in 1080 60i (interlaced), the result looks absolutely great. The playback on both the PC and all media players and Blu Ray players is wonderful and soft.

In contrast, the PD16-created BD movies in 1080 60i no longer look smooth. It looks as if every 3 picture is missing, or something similar. The playback is restless and the picture flickers.
I compared that, and for me it definitely looks like a bug in PD16.
You can take any x-arbitrary source material, eg AVCHD H.264 video clips in 60p, which were taken with Panasonic or Sony camcorders.
Likewise smartphone clips in 1080 60p.
Unfortunately, the result in PD16 always looks miserable, and is not acceptable, to say the least.
Just try it, and create a BD disc in PD15 and PD16 in 1080 60i and compare the Result.

The media info file does not really help here. There is definitely something wrong in PD16, because the MP4 or MKV production in 1080 60i Interlaced delivers the same result. But not in PD15, there's all good.

As long as progressive is being produced, as is BD disc creation, everything looks good in PD16.

But not in interlaced. But then you are not standard in the BD disc creation, in Progressiv. I have already written to the support, but so far received no answer. Wanted to ask if you have similar experiences here. Neither the operating system nor the PC hardware plays a role, because I tested it on 2 different systems (Windows 7, Windows 10, different Hardware).
The settings in PD16 can not be, these are exactly the same as in PD15. Also disabling and enabling any GPU support does not change the problem.
Please Delete...Sorry for Double Post.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27355/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-?product=126790

The Newest Driver solved most of the problems. Have the issues communicate to Intel, and after 3 weeks now all runs smoothly (Exceptly 1080 50i Interlaced Playback with PowerDVD 17 (with iGPU Hardware) , that plays only with 25 FPS instead of 50 FPS).

Here's the Intel Thread: https://communities.intel.com/thread/119298

Until Cyberlink itself does something, it can usually last for months or nothing happens. As it often happens. As my experience, many errors simply can not be fixed, or Cyberlink does not communicate reasonably with the graphics card developers.

In the end, I do not care, currently the most important works again.
Intel can say a lot when the day is long.

A small incompatibility can have a big impact. I'll wait and see what Cyberlink does.

It is somehow conspicuous that makes me only Cyberlink software hassles with the new iGPU. And I've also installed quite a few, other video suites and coding software. There are no issues like this.
Yes, i've tested all. With and without acceleration. New Install of Windows and PD16. With and without patches. Windows and playback runs smoothly with other software. Nothing changes in PD16 (and in 15, too). BD Disc Creating impossible with Errors (see above), black screens with flickering, and playback of the clips in the timeline stops and go on, every few seconds.

I think it's not the same 630 HD...I think the Intel UHD 630 is not fully supported at the moment.

Hope this could be solved asap. Have told it to support.

Edit: with the newest Intel Driver from today same issues.

In addition, PowerDVD 17 Ultra does not work properly with the iGPU (Intel UHD Graphics 630). With a BD Iso (AVC HD H.264) or the playback of a BDMV folder, the software always crashes.

The picture briefly turns black, and the next moment PowerDVD freezes. The sound continues in the background, you have to "kill" two tasks from PowerDVD, so then really the software is finished.

I have no problems with any other video (encoding) software, except for all installed Cyberlink products. And that with the new Intel UHD 630 (Intel Core i7 8700).

Otherwise the system runs absolutely stable with all benchmark tests. Either it is an Intel driver question, or else - as I suspect - the Cyberlink PD15,16 software and PowerDVD17 still need to be made compatible.
Thanky you,

could have been that someone similar hardware with the same problems here.

yesterday i send an email to support. Look what's happen...
I built a new system together. Based on the new Intel Coffe Lake CPU Core i7 8700, with integrated Intel UHD Graphics 630.

Windows 10 Fall Creator Update is up to date. Also, the official Intel driver for the iGPU is installed (15.47.02.4815).

However, PD15 and PD16 are not working properly at all. The two Power Director versions are on the current patch stand. PD16 I have even installed the latest beta patch.

The preview in the timeline hangs constantly, and the image flickers constantly, or momentarily goes black, and the software is not operable. Timeline playback stops or programs hang.

Furthermore, creating a BD disc is not possible because an error code is constantly being output. There are different error codes, including "eC0030106".

Is the new iGPU not supported properly yet? Before with the iGPU Intel HD Graphics 530 everything ran smoothly.

Hardware acceleration in the menu is switched on.

I also need the iGPU to encode, since I use clips from a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, which are recorded with 60fps. Otherwise, a BD in 60i just looks bad.

Rendered with the iGPU, the result is much better.

I just hope that the Intel UHD Graphics 630 is just too new, and I hope that it is because of it and you bring out a patch for PD15 and PD16.
I don't think so, that it will come back. Or gobble you on it ?! Some PD16 Users tell me, that it is deactivated to create Discs with Nvidia Hardware Encoding (like in PD15). Cyberlink says, it's an Nvidia Encoder Issue. But...did Cyberlink communicate about this directly with Nvidia ????!!

We Customers have pointed out the problem for a long time, and many times. The Bug still exists till Release of PD14... All Inconclusive !
Still no Chapters, If producing MKV H. 264....i'm dissapointed. No one advantage for me...

Clearly, My PD15 produces Bretter interlaced BD Discs, than PD16.
Go to: