Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Many thanks.

BarryTheCrab: Hadn't occurred to me to check for updates - There was an update available, however, installing it didn't rectify the problem, nor did using a dvd lens cleaner.

tomasc: The Bluray player (Panasonic DMP-BDT220EB) is 4 years old now, so, by today's standards, is pretty old, so it may be a compatibility problem.
Guess I'll be sticking with my old HD 1920x1080/50i (24Mbps) settings for the time being.

Thanks again for the info guys.
I've been using PD for a couple of years, exclusively for producing home movies of the family to be played on our Panasonic bluray player.

I recently upgraded to PD14 Ultra 14.0.2820.0 running on Win7 64bit.

Camcorder: Canon Legria HF M52, recording format: AVCHD

My usual method of creating a Bluray disc is to select H.264 & HD 1920x1080/50i (24Mbps). This method produces fairly good quality Bluray discs. However, this time, I thought I'd give the "Smart Fit" option a go which increases the bluray data (on this project) from 14122 MB to 16490 MB. The Help file says to use "Smart Fit" to "create the best quality video file possible".

Sadly, the resulting bluray disc won't play on the Panasonic Bluray player. I hear the audio, but the screen is black! If I go back and create a disc with my usual settings everything plays fine.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

Thanks for any help.
Title amended.

Quote: why don't you also explain in the thread where the controls are. That will help other people.'

Found what I was looking for in "Set Object Properties".
Look familiar?
As per the subject really.
In menu designer (PD11), how do I delete buttons that I've added. There's a "Delete Background", but no "delete/remove button" that I can see.

EDIT:
OK, aint it always the way? You spend hours looking for something, post the question online, then immediately find it!
Found what I was looking for in "Set Object Properties".
Thought that I ought to update this thread, just for anyone that stumbles across it in the future.

The problem is solved... but, I haven't got a clue how :-/

I tested a few smaller clips (various settings) which were fine, then went back to my (much larger) project with settings as before. Result,.. Perfect Bluray disc
Thanks Nathan,

Yes, I'm shooting 1080/50i.

FWIW I've compared sizes of the original MTS files (16.8 GB) included in the project and the Stream files (13.1 GB) from PD's created folder to see if there is a drastic reduction in file size. Taking editing in to account, 16.8 to 13.1 GB would seem about right.
I am using a Canon Legria HFM52 camcorder.
Recording in AVCHD (.MTS files) At highest quality: MXP 24Mbps.
Files copied from camcorder to Win 7 PC via USB.

Files imported into PD are edited, mostly just trimming, adding transitions and chapters.
I then go to 'Create Disc', create a template, apply and adjust for the project.
Then on '2D Disc' I select 'Bluray Disc', select H.264, HD 1920x1080/50i (24Mbps) then hit 'Burn in 2D' and output 'Create a folder'.
The resulting folder is then burnt to bluray disc using ImgBurn.

The quality of playback of the burnt disc on my Panasonic DMP-BDT220EB player is quite poor and is significantly worse than the original .MTS files. A lot of detail seems to be lost, and any moving object or person becomes quite blurred, particularly around the edges.
I have also burnt the same project to a 4.7GB DVD. The quality of the DVD really isn't much worse than the bluray - in fact, for scenes with a lot of movement the DVD is possibly superior to the bluray.

Am I missing something? As far as I can see I am using the correct settings for the highest possible quality.

Any help much appreciated.

PD version. 11.0.0.3026

Steve
Thanks Tony,
I had a feeling that may be the case.
IMO For 'background music' the level in PD seems to be set rather high - always has me diving for the TV remote
Hi,

Is it possible to adjust (reduce) the volume of the menu background music? Looked in all the obvious places.

Thanks
Thanks for your input playsound.

W/B in PD works in a similar way to Photoshop Lightroom, which I use extensively. Lightroom has the advantage of reflecting any changes in the sliders, it is also able to sync those changes with any number of images with just a couple of clicks.
With PD it can be rather time consuming going through each and every clip looking for, and finding, something that is 'truly' white to click on.
PD's W/B seems to me to be a little too basic, and could do with beefing up.
Thanks for the workaround, I'll experiment further.

Seems a little odd that when 'White calibration' is used on a clip, there is no change to the Color and Tint sliders which would be helpful to give an idea as to how the white balance has been altered. This would make it far easier to apply the same settings to other clips.
I have a project which has about 60 clips. About ten of these clips (shot in a different environment) are in serious need of a shift in White Balance.
I am aware that I can select 'Apply to all', however, I don't want to apply to all, only to the 10 that need it.
Selecting those 10 results in the 'Fix/Enhance' button disappearing.
Am I missing something, or is this not possible?

Thanks
Thanks jimbo223,
Perfect! That was the solution I was after. Thanks again.
Thanks stevek,

I think I'm going to need more info.
The only option I can see in subtitle room is Alignment which gives you 3 options to align text. I can't see anything that will allow me to move the entire subtitle to the bottom right of the video.
More help would be appreciated.
Thanks
This was prompted by Jimbo223's post on subtitles.
Using subtitles may be the solution to a problem I'm having with Time/Date stamping mts files.

Is there a way of moving subtitles, so that they can be placed in a bottom corner, rather than centrally? As, to my mind, this looks rather ugly and obtrusive for time and date purposes.
Hi Jimbo223,
Have you checked the bottom left button in the Subtitle room which gives the option to 'Create subtitles for discs' or 'Create subtitles imprinted on a video file'?
Not sure if this will do what you want as I have never needed subtitles.
This is something that I had a look at a short time ago.
From what I remember PD is only able to display time/date code if captured via firewire (never tried it so can't vouch for it). If the video files are copied to your PC via USB then PD is unable to display the t/d code.
Seems odd to me that PD is unable to extract the code from a file already on the PC.
Thanks HDedit, that's the one :
I've edited and compiled my video, but before burning to disc I go to 'Set background music', from there I select an mp3 from my music library, I then move the orange markers to select the portion of music to be played. But no matter how far apart the markers are it won't play more than 17 seconds. Even if I leave the left orange marker at the beginning of the track and the right marker at the end it will still only play 17 seconds of a 4 minute track.
Is it possible to increase the length of music played over menus? Is there something in Preferences that I've missed?
No matter where I place the markers I can't increase the length beyond a few seconds.
Go to: