Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am using Powerdirector 10 and I want to save the audio from some movie clips.

Is it possible to save the audio as a .wav file from within Powerdirector?
The Try Now link, links to a php script as in the address bar of the screen grab I uploaded.

As I said - a page not found error - not good being treated like a halfwit
"It worked for me".
but, sadly, not for me. If the link had worked I would not have commented that it didn't.
Nope, the link doesn't work from any of our computers yet all of our own PHP scripts work no problem so PHP not blocked here.
The link directly to the pay section works no problem however, mmmm!

As an aside, I ran CCleaner, on the advice of a colleague, and that appears to have cleared up the problem.

Thanks, I was trying to give the trial version a go before I purchased it, that is the link which doesn't work.
I am sorry if I upset you with my response.

I am not sure what the 'yes but game' is but the link I followed from the Revo Installer site (http://www.revouninstaller.com/download-professional-version.php) just gives me a page not found error.

I found a link to - Softonic Downloader for revo unistaller but it offers to set my default browser, default search engine and install several other items which are of no interest to me.

If you can offer me a link to the correct program which actually works that would be much appreciated.
Are you telling me that the uninstaller which comes with windows does not uninstall programs properly? Sounds par for the course for Microsoft.

I have run several adware detection programs, F-Secure, Malwarebytes Anti Malware and a couple of others, what could anyone else do in addition apart from reinstall Windows?

Revo Unistaller appears to come bundled with a shed load of unwanted crap and add ons which I am simply not interested in.
Is there really no way to discover why Power Director will not run on my machine without resorting to third party gimmicks or would that be just too logical?
I went through a system restore to well before the malware infection and there is good and bad news from the outcome. The good news is that none of my files were affected, the bad news is that Powerdirector still doesn't work. In fact, the situation appears to have got worse as now Powerdirector locks up on start up. A window appeared offering to send a message to Cyberlink informing them of the problem. I did just that and await the outcome (if any) with interest.

This would be a great pastime if I didn't have anything else to do.
I make regular restore points but I am reluctant to use them in case I delete vital files.

I have attempted to run a couple of so called diagnosis tools, scf /scannow and DISM.
Both have failed to complete their diagnosis with typical Microsoft style error reporting ie. A box which says there was an error, without even hinting what the error actually was and in the case of DISM, after 15 minutes, a report that the utility failed to run.

I am waiting for further instructions from the guys at the Microsoft Forum as to what black magic I should try next.

Now I know why the WIN8 OS is so enormous, it is crammed full of totally useless garbage such as these so called fixes and many other pointless lumps of code.

Unfortunately not
There appears to be some Windows system files corrupted but the process of even identifying the rogue ones is shrouded in mystery and intrigue and the modern belief that a complicated solution must always be found for a simple task.

I have no desire to spend my life playing around with the internal files and workings of a computer but there appears to be little choice these days if you want to use a computer for anything more than telling your best friends what you have just eaten or drunk.
Thanks for the response but it appears that rather than there being an actual logical path to follow, the best course of action is to keep pressing buttons until something good happens
I had already done the malware scan and nothing was found.

When I run the Cyberlink Unistaller, I get the following Window error.

Windows cannot complete the extraction.
The destination file could not be created.

ActiveX component can't dreate object 'GetObject'
BBScript runtime error.

Updated driver but program still freezes
PDR10 was working fine until I picked up some malware, now the program loads but freezes when I select any option.
Malware has been removed,
All other programs work fine although this is the only video editing software I use.
I have reinstalled the program but the issue still remains
Where do I start diagnosing what is wrong?

OS is WIN8
I can't get to the build number due to it freezing but if it is any use, it was installed from:-
PDR10_Ultra_1703_GM5_VDE120306-01_R7
If I render a project in PowerDirector10 as an Mpeg2 and then load it into PowerDirector7, the audio is not available, is this normal?
I have some DVD's I want to produce for Christmas and would like to get these done ASAP so with your help, I will try to get v10 working.
I have never been able to write DVDs from v10 hence why I used my v7 trial, on a separate computer - I am mystified why that should suddenly stop working unless the trial version only allows a limited number of DVDs to be burnt.

FYI
PowerDirector Ultra 10.0.0.2231
SR Number VDE121029-09

Thanks, I will have a read when I get a moment.
I would want to use the v10 on the WIN8 machine but priority is getting some production completed before Christmas, hence opting to use the system which works - well it used to work
The trial version is Powerdirector 7, as mentioned in the first post.
This has been working fine on an XP computer for quite some time although I have only started burning CD's recently.

Trial versions of Powerdirector do not do H.264 video on Windows XP. (No Codec).
Not sure what you mean by this.
I used the trial version for quite some time and was impressed with it.
I upgraded to a purchased version 10 on another XP machine and could not get it to work.
It couldn't find the capture source and various other problems.
I recently purchased a new computer with WIN8 on it and gave version 10 another go. The editing software works fine but as mentioned in the original post, it attempts to burn a CD but locks up after 10%.

I could burn the few DVD's I do, on the XP machine but that too has stopped rendering audio on productions and is now unable to load media.

I have contacted the company's support section but have so far received no response.
The problem appears to be getting worse.
In the free version of Powerdirector running in XP.
When I try to load any media, it gets to 100% and then the load window freezes.

Go to: