Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have two movies in a PD11 project. I am looking to create one main DVD menu that would contain multiple title links so I can start Movie 1 or Movie 2 directly from the main menu and not have to display sub-menus. Anyone have any suggestions on how to achieve this? So far, the main menu only allows me to access Movie 1. I have to go to a sub-menu to access Movie 2.
Greetings,

I know this most likely goes against the basic PD menu structure, but I thought I would ask just in case someone has a solution.

I created a project with two AVI movies that I filmed. The beginning of each movie is defined as a "chapter" with a unique name given to the movie (created in the Chapter Room on the Edit menu).

The current root menu has the default PLAY button (which begins playing the first movie). I have the project defined to play a movie and then return to the menu. The 2nd button on the root menu displays the titles/chapters menu where you can select either movie to play (allowing you to select the 2nd movie and skip the 1st movie). There are no scene selections defined so you can only play either movie from the beginning. And that is all working fine in PD11 (since that is the only way I know how to create the menus).

So the million dollar question is - can I place both movies on the root menu so you can select either movie directly from the root menu and not have to display the titles/chapter menu? If so - fantastic - and how? If not - AAARGGH - but oh well, still a great product!

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

AGEEK
Phil - thank you for the info. I use Norton Internet Security 2012 and have not experienced any problems between NIS2012 and IE9. I checked my settings and do not see any rules that should be preventing PD10 and IE9 from accessing the Internet. I do notice that PD10 is able to access DirectorZone when I click on that option in PD10. But the error message appears when I click on "Online Support Web Site" or "Cyberlink Web Site" in PD10. Interesting... I'll look it into in more depth, but it is good to know that PD10 and IE9 work on your systems - so there is hope.
I have the same issue with a licensed version of PD10 Ultra (running on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit) not recognizing IE9. IE9 works with all other software that require using IE9 for Internet access (including PD9 Ultra 64). Cyberlink support recomended uninstalling IE9 and installing IE7 or IE8. Hard to imagine that is the solution. I asked if they plan to address the PD10 / IE9 problem in a future fix. Will let you know what they say.
Go to: