Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Michael,

Cyberlink Tech Support finally provided me a PDVD 9 .

Guess what? With PowerDVD 9 provided, I found out the root of the problem , ie, I compared it with PowerDVD 10 .

My Problem -> PowerDVD 10 -> When I open movie (stored in hard drive) , movie segments popped up. See attachment # 1 (Open Movie with PowerDVD 10)

Root of Problem :

-> PowerDVD 10 -> I stored the movie under VIDEO folder, ie, My Documents -> Library -> Videos
That's how the movie segments are displayed

-> PowerDVD 9 -> It can open movies stored in VIDEOS folder (My document -> Library-> Videos) , ie, movie title appears in it . Pls. refer to attachment # 2 (Open Movie with PDVD 9)

Conclusion
-> PDVD 9 can play movies CONTINUOUSLY stored under VIDEOS folder (My Documents-> Library -> Videos)
-> PDVD 10 cannot play movies CONTINUOUSLY stored under VIDEOS Folder

I suggested to Akilesh (Cyberlink Tech Support) to inform his lab technicians about the issue. Also, in PDVD 10 User Guide, there is no guidance as to how to play YouTube files (stored in Hard Drive) continuously. Resolution -> Highlight all the YouTube files and click PLAY, that's how you get to watch the YouTube files continuously.

So, that explain for my frustration with PowerDVD 10 (CANNOT PLAY MOVIE CONTINUOUSLY)

PROBLEM SOLVED ! CASE CLOSED !!!

Br,
Swee

Br,
Swee
Hi Michael,

Cyberlink Tech Support finally provided me a PDVD 9 .

Guess what? With PowerDVD 9 provided, I found out the root of the problem , ie, I compared it with PowerDVD 10 .

My Problem -> PowerDVD 10 -> When I open movie (stored in hard drive) , movie segments popped up. See attachment # 1 (Open Movie with PowerDVD 10)

Root of Problem :

-> PowerDVD 10 -> I stored the movie under VIDEO folder, ie, My Documents -> Library -> Videos
That's how the movie segments are displayed

-> PowerDVD 9 -> It can open movies stored in VIDEOS folder (My document -> Library-> Videos) , ie, movie title appears in it . Pls. refer to attachment # 2 (Open Movie with PDVD 9)

Conclusion
-> PDVD 9 can play movies stored under VIDEOS folder (My Documents-> Library -> Videos)
-> PDVD 10 cannot play movies stored under VIDEOS Folder

I suggested to Akilesh (Cyberlink Tech Support) to inform his lab technicians about the issue. Also, in PDVD 10 User Guide, there is no guidance as to how to play YouTube files (stored in Hard Drive) continuously. Resolution -> Highlight all the YouTube files and click PLAY, that's how you get to watch the YouTube files continuously.

So, that explain for my frustration with PowerDVD 10 .

PROBLEM SOLVED ! CASE CLOSED !!!

Br,
Swee

Br,
Swee

Hi Hal ,

PDVD 10 is totally different from your PDVD 8 .

PDVD 10 does not have the button that looks like an envelope in PDVD 8 .

Main Problem -> Movie title does not even appear ; instead movie segments are listed.

Pls. see attachments.

Br,
Swee

Michael,

I am in touch (via emails) with Akilesh (Cyberlink Tech Support) for 1 month now. He is still trying to resolve my problem without any success.

I would like to exchange snapshots how the movie folders looks like , ie, how it appears in the hard drive laptop & how it looks like when I open that movie in PDVD 10 .

Pls. refer to attachments .

Attachment #1 : Open Movie Structure - i -> Shows how the movie files look like in Hard Drive

Attachment #2 : Open Movie Structure - ii -> This is follow-up of Attachment #1 , ie, after I clicked on VIDEO_TS

Attachment # 3 : Open Movie Structure - iii -> In PDVD 10 , I clicked on VIDEO (top icon) and it listed the movie files .

Could you pls. email me a sample of how the movie look like in your hard drive & How it will look like in PDVD 10 ? That is, I am trying to compare your movie files (stored in your hard drive laptop) with my attachments.

I did not change the movie structure at all , ie, once I copied the movie into my laptop or external hard drive , I would open up the PDVD 10 and click on the VIDEO TAB -> that's how the movie segments are displayed.

As I said before, I am not a hi-tech genius, so, I have no clue how to change the movie structure at all.

Pls. forward your snapshots (just like my snapshots). Perhaps, I will be able to understand what went wrong .

Thanks.

Br,
Swee
Hi Michael,

As per your email, you stated that "should be a issue of your platform - can you please forward your support ID for the caseS? "

My reply -> Could you pls. elaborate what u mean by platform? Bear in mind, I am not a Hi-Tech genius .

As for the support ID for the cases, are you referring to technical support ID between me & Cyberlink tech support (his name is Akilesh) ?
Here's the case ID -> Cyberlink] Online Customer Support (QuestionID = CS001047102)

FYI, the movies cannot be played continuously as there is pause before it starts on next segment.

Your latest discussion suggested -> PowerDVD supports the playback of DVD folders but you should ensure that you keep the original structure without removing any file"
I do not change any of the movie structure. Cyberlink tech support suggest I copy those segments into playlist. However, the problem is still there.

My suggestion is -> If u have PDVD 10 , try to open the movie (stored in external hard drive or laptop) in PowerDVD & see what happens. Try that n let me know if u have the same problem as me.

I noticed that "administrator" is attached to your name in the forum . Are u attached to Cyberlink in anyway? If so, let them know my problem. Resolution is very very simple -> I need Cyberlink to downgrade my software from PowerDVD 10 to 9.

Br,
Swee
Hi,

The problem I am encountering is as follows:

1) I have movies stored in external hard drive and laptop

2) When I open the Cyberlink Power DVD 10, it appears in many segments . I cannot play the movie continuously, ie, once a segment finish, then , there will be a brief pause (10 - 15 seconds) before it continues to next segment.

Pls. see my attachment for a snapshot of the movie segments displayed in many segments.

I used to have a HP laptop bundled with PowerDVD 9 and I had no such problem and I was able to play movie from external hard drive continuously.

This PowerDVD 10 is driving me nuts as I have been contact with tech support for 1 month and they could not resolve it .

I requested for a downgrade, my wish not granted.

So, what am I suppose to do now? Any idea?

Br,
Swee
Hi Michael,

I am wondering why PowerDVD 10 is unable to play movies stored in external drive.

I did not encounter such problem with PowerDVD 9 .

I have been in touch with Cyberlink tech support for almost 1 month. I am very fed up with this problem and requested for a downgrade to PowerDVD 9 .

In fact, Cyberlink tech support adviced me to download the patch for PowerDVD 10 . However, I had problem with the download. Pls refer to attachments.

Cyberlink tech support advised me to copy the playable files from hard drive into playlist in order for me to watch the movie. When I followed such instruction and watch the movie from playlist, there is a gap (10-15seconds) when it switch from one file segment to another.

I purchased the PowerDVD 10 online and the seller did not want to respond to my emails.

I used to have a HP laptop bundled with PowerDVD 9 and I had no problem playing with movies stored in external hard drive.

My only solution is downgrade to PowerDVD 9 . Alternatively, I might as well dump the PowerDVD into the trash bin !!

PowerDVD 10 is a disappointment and Cyberlink still refused to take steps to satisfy a disgruntled customer.

Anyway, thanks for your help. I don't think I can do anything about it as it's a flaw in PowerDVD 10 .

Br,
Swee
Hi Michael,

As per your advice, the Play IFO is enabled.

The movie (stored in laptop or external hard drive) is broken into many segments when I opened it in PowerDVD 10.

So, I copied those segments (VTS files) into playlist.

However, the is always a pause (10 - 15 seconds) before PowerDVD continue to play the next segment.

My question is -> Why can't the POwerDVD 10 play smoothly from external hard drive or movie stored in laptop ? It's too troublesome to copy the segments into playlist and then have hiccups everytime PowerDVD 10 jumps to next segment.

I did not have trouble with PowerDVD 9 with playing movies from external hard drive or movies stored in the laptop.

Any way out?

Br,
Swee
Hi Michael,

Thanks for your advice.

I am still trying to figure out the "technical terms" in your reply

-> PARENT FOLDER -> How do I get to that part in Cyberlink PowerDVD ?
My guess is -> By clicking on VIDEO tab above

-> " highlight the folder with DVD disc structure "
I was not able to highlight the SEGMENTS (VTS format) of the movie when I am in "VIDEO" tab of PowerDVD 10 .

-> "press play ==> the disc structure should playback " -> Pls. tell me how to do it.

Please refer to my attachment -> A snapshot of movie segments (vts format) under video tab . I need your guidance what to do next .

Thanks.

Br,
Swee

Hi,

I have a Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 and unable to play movies (stored on laptop / external hard drive) continuously.
When I open the movie in Cyberlink, the movie is broken into many segments.

As per Akilesh (Cyberlink Tech Support), I was asked to save those movies segments into playlist . I discovered that the movie cannot be played smoothly as it stop for a while before continuing onto next segment.

I used to have a HP laptop (bundled with PowerDVD 9) and I was very happy with that version as I had no problem as PowerDVD 10.

I am unhappy with Version 10 and asked Akilesh to refer my case to manager, ie, downgrade it to PowerDVD 9 .

Akilesh and I have spent almost 3 weeks on this issue and it's wasting our time and effort. The only solution is to downgrade it.

Another Question -> Can PowerDVD stream movie directly to tv? Window Media Player is able to do that, so I am wondering whether PowerDVD has that function.

Pls. help me on this issue .

Thank you.

Regards,
Swee
Go to: