Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks,
this did the trick
is there a custom setting or some plugin i can use to decide for myself customably what resolution i want exactly and how the encode will work (1 pass vs multiple) what codec etc ? because like this it is all predetrmined presets, and though i have seen that i can customise them, when i do that the quality of the output goes down drastically compared to the precompiled files ?
what i get is loss of quality, is there no option to just determine the codec used for encoding + bit rate + deinterlace/interlacing options + etc... ? so i can simply customise as i want ?
Yes but they both produce pretty lowsy quality, and i dont understand why.
Hi all,

I have a problem, in the past i have been using windows movie maker version 6.0 for my movies, it was very much lacking in controls, but was fast, I decided i wanted to try something e professional, so i decided to try out Powerdirector.
i do find that it has much better control over everything, however, i have one very big problem with it what ever i do, i dont get good quality once i encode, with WMM all i used to do was use their default option called "best quality for viewing on this computer" which would output the most unwanted .wmv file however it's quality compared to the original clips i used in the editing was practically loss less. one more step with format factory outputted me with mpeg4 or avi files with small size and great quality. but in cyberlink, no matter what i try i keep getting monster size files (minimum 4 GB) and shit quality. what can i do except save as a 60GB file? i am sure i am overlooking something.

your help will be very much appreciated
Tomer.
Go to: