Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi all how do make the background in the transitons from black to white.

Many thanks

Mervyn

sample shown here of my video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbmVmCQac3Q
Many thanks Jimbo

What I have done is produced the file again changing all settings to NTSC then bringing the mpg file back on to the time lime, adding all menus again and then creating the dvds, so I now have files for burning to PAL format and in a separate folder I have the NTSC files for burning to NTSC so hopefully these will work in the USA ok.

Many thanks

Mervyn
Now I'm confused even more.

My video is created in pal and filmed in PAL format and I have burnt off many discs for sale in the UK and Europe all in PAL format but I have customers in the US that require my dvd.

What I'm asking to do is - do I have to reproduce my original PAL pds files in NTSC - or do I just change the setting in preferences from PAL TO NTSC and then create the discs as normal as if I were burning/creating a PAL DVD

Sorry for the misunderstanding

Mervyn
Hi all
Nightowl I burn my two hour long movies to a 8.5gb DL disc and they fit and play just right - I do use the setting MPEG 2 HQ.
A good tip though is don't use anything else apart from Verbatium DL 8.5 disc and these have to be burnt at 8 speed
http://www.totalblankmedia.com/verbatim-dvdr-85gb-double-layer-printable-8x-25-spindle-p-1626.html

Mervyn
Hi all
I have produced a movie ready for burning to discs, which I have done very successfully for PAL formats, I now have orders for them to be burnt in NTSC formats but cannot remember the procedure to do this and what’s the best way to burn for both formats.

Do I just go to preferences and change my PAL setting over to NTSC 30 frames and then create the discs as normal.

Or do I have to re-produce the PAL movie again under NTSC so that I would have two produced.pds file movies one in NTSC and one in PAL and then burn accordingly.

I have a feeling that I just changed the settings in preferences between the two formats before, but would like confirmation from you guys first.

Regards Mervyn
Hi I will keep this short, PD9 green line rendering so I went and bought the PD11 ultimate and I'm still having green rendering line problems

Someone told me that they fixed this...well if you take a look at the image’s it is NOT

BELOW PD9

AND MY NEW PD11 WHICH IS NOT EVEN 24 HRS OLD HAS THE SAME PROBLEM

as you can tell I'm not happy

Regards Mervyn

OK I understand your concerns with the posting being in the wrong forum now I don’t want to double post so if you have mod rights to move this post to the relevant one that would be great but please understand that the issue started with PD9 and still is it was only that I purchased a new up-to-date software PD11 ULT that I had the same problem, now if you take a look at the image you will see that I do have a problem with PD 11 and the problem is not fixed.

SO I SHALL NOW MOVE OVER TO THE CORRECT FORUM and let’s see if e can find a solution to PD 11
Hi Ian yer I'm in the same boat.
I have no uninstall feature in that Nvidia Coporation folder.

Mervyn
OK here is the stage I am at now, yesterday I downloaded the trial version of PD11 ultimate and everything was working great with no problems PD11 bought all my timelines in from PD9...so that was good to know, now at this stage I did NOT roll back my system to an earlier point cos there didn’t feel the need to as it was working fine...so I bit the bullet and went and bought the software PD 11 ultimate version installed it and then had this happen, the blasted green line again so I rolled back the system and that seemed to work then I left my pc on at through the night to defrag then Microsoft wanted to install some new updates now the PD11 has the green rendering line...again, so I uninstalled the 3D NVidia graphics driver (306.97) and still the problem of the green line

Take look at the image its my CP have I got to uninstall all the Nvidia corporation stuff, if I do will it affect my system from running.

Images below I really thought the new £100.00 software would have sorted this... so still not happy

Please need help.. regards mervyn

Thanks Ian I will try that, I did pop over to PC World and posted the question to one of their tech guys he said just roll back my system because of missing DL files - that I have not done yet but will do but in the mean time I did download a trial version of PD11 I thinks is the ultra but anyway that opens up my old PD 9 files and seems to work ok in PD 11 (trial version) so I might upgrade just looking to see what the difference is between the two and not much in my eyes,

DON’T KNOW I might even look at the pro version but would like to what the pro version has to offer as it is £200.00

Will drop a line here if the problem gets rectified

Regards Mervyn
I need a quick solution to this problem of the green line rendering and crashing so I'm downloading a tryle version of power director 11 if this fixes it I will buy the more up-to-date version - can anyone tell me if all my previous PD9 FILEs WILL WORK ok IN PD11

Please

Mervyn
Hi really need help on this
I have £4000 riding on this DVD
I now have this annoying green rendering line that i cannot get rid of, earlier posts said that there’s a bug in the software - NOT HAPPY
I am just getting to the final stages of completing this dvd which add is split over two DL discs (4hrs) of edited timeline - weeks of work and now I cannot complete it, power director is pile of crap - don’t buy it! ho and just to add the sorftware crashes all the time and its not the computer as I have a top spec system i7 processor 2TB HD - i CAN LIVE WITH THIS it's the rendering problem I need help with.

I have not changed any settings - please help, what the hell do I do - I have companies that have sponsored me to make my own dvd

Mervyn
Hi guys
I have already created and burned files onto dvd (DL 8.5GB X2 DISCS) with good results and the format is PAL but I have been asked if I can make the dvd for NTSC format I have got all the relevent files and projects my question is are there any concerns I need to take on board and what are the procedure for burning dvd in NTSC format.

Regards Mervyn
Ok guy’s thanks for your help.

so just a re-cap it would be better, then if I produced the original pds file one as PAL and a separate one for NTSC then create the discs (DVD) as an order comes in from whatever country, I can then create disc and burn accordingly.
Also I think it might be better to keep two folders one for PAL and one for NTSC

Thanks to you all

Mervyn
Hi thanks for the reply, I better explain a bit further, the dvd I have created will be on sale to the public through my website I live in the UK, now I have customers from the US France Germany Norway Ireland Scotland and from other parts of the world so I need to cater for mostly everyone who wants to buy my DVD, at the moment I only have the edited files in PAL format but say if I had an order from a guy in the US or France or Germany I would need it to play on a dvd device for their country.

I know somewhere in PD9 there is a drop down list of the countries and the relevant format ie PAL or NTSC format.

Regards Mervyn
Hi all just a quick question hope you guys can throw some light on this, I have created my 3.5 hours duel layer DVD and plays fine in the PAL format that it was made, but I have some enquiries from other countries for my DVD but they will require the format to be in NTSC.

I saved the projects PDS files with the chapters intact so when I need to burn another copy of the DVD's I just go to the create disc tab, now I need to create my DVD in pal and NTSC format do I work from the same PDS files and how do I create the discs in both formats.

Many thanks

Mervyn
Many thanks for all your help guys, looks like I will have to spit the footage in two, I was trying to avoid it be never mind.

I appreciate all your help guys.

Mervyn
Hi I have tried that setting I change the setting to 8.5

sames message again, imported file exceeds exceeds the amount of available disk space.

it also say at the point of trying to burn

available space 807.9gb
required space 16257MB

I don’t think I'm able to burn to a folder I have a message say the size of the imported file exceeds exceeds the amount of available disk space.

What on earth that means I don't know as I have a month old system with 1tb HDRIVE and 1tb external HDRIVE.

I'm going through the process of burning and the option is final output create a folder is ticked - is this the right way or am I missing something, My question now is why do I have to burn the dvd through nero and why not through Powerdirector - sorry guys very confused I have my 8.5gb DL disks ready but still no closer to getting it onto a dvd.

I know my dvd is a large file 15gb but hey I have 800gb left on my hardive, dont make sense.

Mervyn
Hi many thanks once again,

I have Nero 10 multimedia full package too, so i can do all my burning through Nero even though I have done all the editing, menus, chapters, and so on in Power director 9?.

In Nero 10 the is a little bit of software called Nero burning rom and Nero express plus many others - is it one of these two I use for burning?.

so the best way then to do this is first in PD9 is to burn to a folder and then use nero to point to the folder and then choose the relevant files to burn?.

Sorry again if I’m not making much sense only I’m very new to this and not that sure of the full procedure.

Many thanks to all of you for trying to help me.

Mervyn
Go to: