Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I hope CyberLink can take a look into this. I have an Intel Core i5-2500K system running on an Intel Z68 chipset motherboard, with 8GB RAM, 1GB PowerColor Radeon HD 4870, and an Asus Xonar D1 PCI Sound Card.

I have read in the forums that people have been having problems with Asus sound cards. My issue is that when I click on settings, or go to watch a Youtube video in PowerDVD 11, the program crashes. I also had an issue trying to change over to Cinema mode, where it never switched over, PowerDVD closed, and could not be reopened, even after restarting the PC. The only way that last problem was fixed was by uninstalling and then re-installing PowerDVD.

I also read that people having problems with the Asus Xonar sound cards disabled them in Device Manager and then everything was fine. Well, I did that, and it was still exhibiting the same problems. After disabling and enabling multiple combinations of video and audio devices in Device Manger, I was able to find the root cause of the crashes -- the AMD High Definition Audio Device. Once I disabled this there were no more crashes with PowerDVD. I am now using the most recent AMD Catalyst software (Catalyst 11.6), but this also occurred on Catalyst 11.5. I have included my DXDiag just in case you need it.

I am hoping this issue can be fixed.
PowerDVD 11 Trial keeps crashing when I click on the settings icon, when I click on the PowerDVD logo on the top left of the window after PowerDVD loads (that should give the "About" info), or when I try and watch a YouTube video in the program.

PowerDVD 11 Trial Version
PowerDVD SR Number: Don't Know
PowerDVD TR Number: Don't Know.
Operating System (including x86 or x64 Bit Version): Windows 7 64-bit
Do you use administrator or restricted user account?: Administrator
Is your PowerDVD a Retail product or bundles with HW?: Retail Trial
Used VGA: PowerColor Radeon HD 4870 1GB
Used VGA driver version: Catalyst 11.6
Used Audio device: Asus Xonar D1
Used Audio device driver version: 7.12.8.1792
The Audio setting in PowerDVD and in OS: Default Device
Used ODD drive: TSSTcorp CDDVD SH-S223Q (Description from Device Manager)
Used Display(s): Samsung SyncMaster 245BW
Which kind of display connection (HDMI/DisplayPort/VGA/DVI): DVI
Whcih Display refresh rate do you use while Playback (24/25/50/60/120/...): 60Hz
Are you using single or dual monitor environment: Single Monitor
Are you using clone or extended mode (if use two display): No
(3D only) Please provide detail info about 3D setting in PowerDVD: N/A
What kind of Antivirus SW are you using: Comodo Internet Security
Which Internet Browser Software is installed: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera
Do you use virtual ODD (e.g Daemon Tools): No
The detailed issue description: Described above.
Go to: