Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Okay. That's great to know. I've already seen that topic but I just wanted to add my experience to you know, actually help out.
Just wanted to make sure that the developers, or whoever looks at these forums, know that this problem is common. Went from PowerDVD 10 to 11, and now I can't start up PD11.

========

I think my problem started with this: After I saw that PD11 was out, I uninstalled PD10 and I didn't reboot after uninstalling (because I'm impatient), so what I did was I ran CCleaner and Tuneup Utilities to clean out useless registry keys. I believe that with this process I deleted vital registry keys therefore leading to this problem we have now.

I also noticed that after installing trial PD11 that when I go to regedit, and go HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\, I find that there is no Cyberlink folder, where it should be. This is PowerDVD 11 Trial version which I downloaded off of cnet.
Go to: