Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

You may have a better chance with PD21 and may want to purchase a new version every year as YouTube API changes. I will rather learn what others do manually to save some money.

I had the issue with access blocked and power director 18 Ultra I made sure that it was up to date reached out to cyberLink several times nothing ever became of it It never worked again uploading to YouTube. So I gave up and purchased director suite 365 hoping that I would then be able to resume like I have in the past. This version doesn't even let me get as far as PD18 did. I don't even get the access blocked screen I can't make it past the sign in before it stalls out. And it has no updates available to the program I just downloaded two days ago.
Hello, I just installed Director Suite because for the past two months I have been unable to upload to Youtube with my PD18. I tried again today after what seemed like a sucessful download but I cant get past the Pruction screen. The permissions window comes up andthats it. I click on it to continue and I get nothing. I checked to see if there was a patch and thought I found one on Cyberlink website. It also failed and said I didn't have the right version. Any help would be so greatly appreciated before I flip my lid! I have always loved and enjoyed my past versions of PD. Not so much these days! thanks, Dale
Hdedit, I don't recall posting before but I may have early on or with a past version of PD. Whichever the case i never got a resolution until now. Thanks
Hello, garioch7, Thanks for the reply! The camcorder is a Sony DCR TRV-840. I have always used the av patch cable that came with the camcorder with no issues until now. I never bought a firewire cable because i didn't think i needed one.
Yesterday i was at Radio Shack and decided to pick one up as a desperation move and low and behold I have a new way to record. I plugged it in, turned the camcorder on and Windows loaded the drivers. I already captured one video right in PD10. The only thing I noticed was that the sound had some choppy spots in it which isn't good because these are videos of me playing music to be loaded on my YouTube site. I didn't actually notice it in the playback but I didn't spend alot of time messing with it.
The one thing I did notice and I am not sure why this is but the preview in the PD10 window on the edit page looks really crappy compared to the way it used to look.
It is blurry, I guess is the best way to describe it. I have tried both 4:3 and 16:9 one worse than the other a little bit but it is not as clear as it once was. Do you have any thoughts on that? Thank You, tuneman
Hello, I recently upgraded to Win7 and PD10 and now my TV/capture card doesn't work. I was using the original Happauge card that came installed in my PC. It would work sometimes but not others and really for whatever reason does not like Win7.
So I bought another Happauge card that is for Win7 (WinTV HVR-1600) It wouldn't work at all so i sent it back after a week of fighting with it.
I pluggued the old card which is a WinTV PVR PCI II back in and it worked as far as capturing video from my camcorder but that's it no other kind of signal including TV will work.
Today nothing works again. All drivers and software have been updated and nothing helps.
I have been working with Cyberlink support for weeks and they have nothing. They have had me send them the same info repeatedly with no positive outcome.
Can someone on the Cyberlink forum please tell me which PCI video card I can purchase that will allow me to capture video from my 8mm digital camcorder? Right now I am using the AV cord that came with the camera running into the front composites of my PC.
I don't care what I have to do to hook it up if it involves different patch cables I just need it to work.
So please if someone is running PD10 on an HP computer running Win7. what capture device are you using? Thank You, tuneman
I have the same issue with PD10. I have done everything to make it work including going back and forth repeatedly with Cyberlink.
I have a Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1600 and PD10 will not work with it to date. I actually don't care about the TV part of it, I need to be able to capture from the composite video. It doesn't work.
Thanks for the feedback! I just ordered a new graphics and TV tuner card. I guess I'll see what happens when it get here. Take care, tuneman
Thanks for the response! I am a little confused at this point as to whether or not I should be looking at a new graphics card or a new TV tuner card. Neither one will work and while trying to play any sort of video in PD even the mouse pointer gets goofy. It's like stop motion or something. The audio is just bleeps of noise and the video freezes. I wanted Win7 and PD10 so if I have to buy new hardware so be it. I just want to make sure I buy the right thing so I can resume making videos. The Video tuner card is a Happaugh and the graphics card is an Nvidia 7300LE. Both were in the PC when I bought it new I never had any reason to upgrade them til now. Thanks again
I was running PD9 and everything worked pretty good on my system running 32bit Vista except for capturing video from my tuner. Well after some deliberation I decided to go for PD10 Ultra because that is the best program of this sort that i have seen or used. Except for that part of it which i was hoping would be resolved when I upgraded.
I just recently upgraded my PC to Win7 64bit, and purchased the cyberlink software. It is a little buggy here and there but what has really got me ticked is the fact that I still cannot capture from my TV tuner card.
So I make videos of my self with my camcorder and capture the vids to my PC and then I edit with PD and upload to youtube. Now the capture part of the software only works when it wants to and when it does it stops working when I actually try to record the incoming video.
I was using Roxio to capture and then PD9 to edit and upload but now Roxio10 no longer works in Win7 so I am stuck, unable to make my videos and wondering why I spent money on an editing program that still won't do one of the most important things, capture the video for editing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You, tuneman
I am using PD9 and after I shoot a video and open it with the program most times I will edit the audio because they are music related. Wave editor opens up and I can make the EQ and reverb changes and then save it. That takes me back to PD9 where I can check out the end results of my edit. The problem is that on all of the videos the audio shifts back and forth between the speakers.
It will be playing along fine but then for some reason and usually 2/3 of the way through the video the sound will be in the left speaker, right speaker, and then back and so on and so forth. But, usually only for a few seconds.
It is really quite annoying and it is not in the original video from my camcorder. Does anyone else have this problem or better yet a solution? Thank You, tuneman
Go to: