Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I will check-out the website. Got everything to do the build (went intel) so we'll see in a few hours (days?) how it all goes.
JamesW...Thanks for the clarification

I have 2 Corsair Force series 40GB SSD's that I intend to install Raid0 as the Win7 OS drives only. I also picked up a 1TB SATA for programs and data. The SSD's read 280MB/s and write 270MB/s which looked to be pretty good. I might even try moving my project files to the SSD as I work on them. Is that a bad idea? Do you have any other suggestions for setting this up? I still have a few days before I install the OS.

VideoEditor...I finally came to the conclusion that it was a toss-up with no really bad option. I picked up the i7-950 for $199 and just jumped at it. They both look to be excellent values.

Thanks everyone...
I see you have the Radeon 5770...I was looking at using one 5670 right now and possibly going 2 later because the spec page on PowerDirector9 only listed the 5600 series as supported. I'm guessing more are supported than are listed and you haven't had any problems with your 5770?? I wish there was a more definitve listing as I'm not up on which model numbers are upnumbered to what as they are further developed. And yes lived in Texas all my life...now in D/FW
Carl...Thanks, I am finalizing components to build myself. I will check the site you mentioned. I have spent quite a bit of time researching everything at tomshardware.com and guru3d.com.

This machine is designed to be used mainly as an editor for personal video using PD9...would the AMD 1090T 6 core architecture be more beneficial, or would I still be better off with i7-950 because of triple channel memory capability and other intel advantages? The total builds will be within $15.00 of each other and I'm starting to think that both will work effectively, maybe just a little differently. Thanks for any input/ideas!

Greetings from Texas!
Greetings,

I have been a pinnacle user for many years and look forward to moving over to PD9. I am currently building a new system for AVCHD editing (HD camera is Panasoninc HS250) and have enjoyed searching through the forum for info about the program as well as hardware.

My question...Most user sigs list hardware from Intel and I'm deciding whether to go AMD 1090T or Intel i7-950. The cost is within $40 of each other and I'm having a hard time deciding. Each has strenghts over the other depending on which benchmark used. I am not a gamer and this will be mostly a dedicated video machine.

Options:
1)AMD 1090T...ASUS M4A89GTD Pro-USB3 motherboard
2)i7-950...Gigabyte X58A-UD3R or ASUS Sabertooth x58 motherboard

Also...Would 1 EVGA GeForce GTX465SC be enough GPU? I'm trying to stay within budget.

Thanks in advance for your input!
Go to: