Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I downloaded a split screen collage from DirectorZone, double clicked it and it said it was installed and ready to use. However, I can't find it. Anyone know where it might be? Thanks.

Never mind, I was trying to find an easier way to make a split screen and I just discovered the Collage Designer and my downloaded file was there. Sorry.
Quote This section of the manual will help with some differences, https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/19/enu/01_01_02_whats_different.html
Gear for pref is top right, aspect ratio right side below preview window.

Jeff

DUH.....There was a notification box covering those icons. I feel like a total idiot, lol. Thanks a lot, I have been trying to figure this out all day.
I just downloaded PowerDirector 365 and I noticed that the very top of the screen where File, Edit, Plugins, View etc are, that I am missing the aspect ratio, the bell icon for notifications, and the gear icon for preferences. Anyone know where they are and how I can get them back. Thanks.
Quote Hi,

Unless it has changed recently (so I stand to be corrected!), PDR uses two different "players" for preview of the library and preview of the timeline.

Years ago there were instances where the library preview might work fine and the timeline preview was blank. This could be fixed by a registry hack as the two players were different.

This doen't directly help your issue but it might be a red herring to compare the library preview and the timeline preview?

If you post up your DXDiag, members will have more to go on which might help in this case.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

My DxDiag file is attached. The fact that clips play fine in library preview and in all other editors and players, makes me believe that the problem lies somewhere in PowerDirector. Thanks for your help.
Quote When I import a clip (1920 x 1080) and play it from the preview window, it plays fine. However, when I drag it to the timeline and preview it from there, it stutters like crazy. This happens to all clips and both original clips and proxy clips. This does not happen in any other video editing software ie. Filmora, Hitfilm, Windows movie maker. It even does it after I produce the file. Any thoughts?

The greatest cause of stuttering I have experienced has always been down to frame rate issues (given PC power is up to the task) but I don't know if thats whats causing your stuttering.

More detail will probably be asked for in trying to pin down your issue.

Alan.

My problem persists no matter whether the fps is 30 or 60, but keep in mind that it plays perfectly when played from the preview window. It only stutters once it is dragged to the timeline and played from there, edits or not.
When I import a clip (1920 x 1080) and play it from the preview window, it plays fine. However, when I drag it to the timeline and preview it from there, it stutters like crazy. This happens to all clips and both original clips and proxy clips. This does not happen in any other video editing software ie. Filmora, Hitfilm, Windows movie maker. It even does it after I produce the file. Any thoughts?
Quote I have an HP Pavillion e9290f desktop running an Intel Core I7 920, with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260, and with 16Gb of Ram. I want to upgrade my graphics card without spending a lot of money. Might edit some 4K in the future. I know there are a lot of you who know a lot about the right specs for PD15 and hope you can guide me in the right direction. Thanks in advance

I dont think you need a better video card more than you would a better CPU for 4K editing. If your not a gamer I would upgrade to the core i7 8700k before looking at a GPU. I run a GTX 1080ti but I game and while it does make rendering slightly faster but I dont believe it effects the timeline editing. But the 6-cores from the i7 will help in both areas. Correct me if im wrong.

I'm sure you are probably right, however, to upgrade the CPU would, in many cases, require a new motherboard and memory, which would require more money that I have available. I may have to just save up a little longer. Thanks.
I have an HP Pavillion e9290f desktop running an Intel Core I7 920, with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260, and with 16Gb of Ram. I want to upgrade my graphics card without spending a lot of money. Might edit some 4K in the future. I know there are a lot of you who know a lot about the right specs for PD15 and hope you can guide me in the right direction. Thanks in advance
Sorry, I should have stated that my video clip was 1080p 24 fps. I have the same problem with 1080 60fps. I have an i7-920 processor (I realize it is older and slower), a GTX260 video card, and 18 Gb ram, and 7200 rpm hard drive. It is just wierd that Filmora would play back smoothly and PD15 would not. As a matter of fact, Windows Movie Maker plays back more smoothly that PD15.
I notice that my .mov files out of my Iphone 7 Plus are huge compared to the file size if I convert it to .mp4. I also notice that trying to edit a .mov file in PD15 is very difficult as the preview is slow and very choppy (even after the new 2421 patch). So, should I convert these .mov files prior to edititing them in PD15? It does seem to be much smoother running after being converted to .mp4.
Just downloaded and installed patch v2421, a 1 minute .mov clip from my Iphone 7 Plus (1080p 60fps) played back very choppy and slow in preview before any edits. The same clip played very smoothly in Wondershare Filmora. This is the same for all video I have taken with my Iphone. Am I missing something?

I just converted the .mov file to .mp4 and tried again in PD 15 and the clip played smoothly. Must be a real problem with .mov files from the Iphone. I certainly hope they can fix this.
OK Sonic, so if I buy the I7-970 and a GTX 960, keeping my current Power Supply for now, is there anything else I should need to do? i.e. remove the battery to clear the BIOS, etc. Thanks for your help.
Thanks PepsiMan and Sonic. I was afraid that my CPU might not be very powerful. OK, time to save up.
I have an HP Pavillion e9290f with I7 920, 18 Gb RAM, GTX 260 video. Video that I take, before any edits, plays back in PD very choppy and slow. Will upgrading to the GTX 1050i help me very much? Editing gets very frustrating right now. Thanks
Go to: