Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Even though these tutorials were made showing PowerDirector 8, they should get you going in the right direction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXG2jDTHyKw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccSNU_Z7BRc&list=PLX2bGq8K4g2lHEOf6OjTLG65648cIeHE6
When you "save as" you are only saving the "instructions" of how to assemble the video project. To get a playable video file you must "produce" the .PDS file, Select the Produce tab and select the type video file to output.

PDToots does a fantastic job of presenting valuable tutorials on many Power Director subjects. Check out the link below.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30026.page
The other attachment.
Tony,
Per your request... I have purchased and used additional SS music. I get different results depending on the category.
In my Classic Rock category the purchased files did not Bold in Blue.
In My New Age category the files display correctly.
Screen Shots attached.
Nathan, (JMONE)

Thanks for sharing, I really appreciate it. Your TurnOnBD1080p works great! I used your hack and produced a 60p Blu-ray Disc with menus and is plays perfectly on my Sony BDP-S580. All of your threads on this 50p/60p subject have been extremely informative. Thank you.
Sony BDP-S580 Blu-ray Disc / DVD Player plays AVCHD (Ver.2.0) at 60p
Barry,
Tests were performed with PD 12 Ultimate (Director Suite 2)

Barry,
I could not duplicate your error.
I first used the Nature.wmv clip and took the snapshot with preferences set to .jpg and it worked as it should.
Then I loaded one of my AVCHD 1920/1080/60p clips and took the snapshot again set to .jpg and it worked as it should.
Then I changed the preferences to .png file type and repeated both test above. Same results everything worked as it should.
Open CL and Hardware Decoding are not checked in preferences.

Steve
Cap'n Kevin,
AWESOME JOB!
Thanks for sharing.
Looks like something I might attend next year.
Tony,

I followed the same steps as in your sample video.

1.) Placed an (.m2ts) AVCHD clip on the track 1 (1920x1080 Bit rate 24.28 mbps, Frame rate: 59.94 fps, Profile: High Profile, Frame type rogressive)
2.) Placed the NewBlue Soft Focus on the effects track
3.) Placed the NewBlue Shadows and Highlights on the effects track.
4.) Placed the NewBlue Motion BLur on the effects track.
5.) Placed the PD Blur on the effects track.

Everything worked as it should. No Blow-Off.
Played the Movie preview
All worked as it should.

Sorry, I could not duplicate your issue.

Steve
The plot thickens...
Looking at Tony's demos, I have noticed that the songs that are listed in Tony's New Age/Easy are actually in my New Age (only) and that my New Age/Easy category only contains songs that I purchased?
Screen Shot attached.

Thanks guys,
Steve
Barry,

2 Tests

Edit Module - I place the sample video in track 1 and then selected SmartSound. I selected "Style" category Corporate/Industrial. The items that I know I have purchased were indeed BOLD.

Menu Module - I selected a menu. I then selected the SmartSound icon on the right of the screen. I selected "Style" category Corporate/Industrial. The items that I know I have purchased were indeed BOLD.

SmartSound Quicktracks SDK Version 5.1.8.0.

Screen Shots Attached.

I hope this is helpful.

Steve
Hi Kevin

I also couldn't reproduce the problem from your initial post.
Everything worked as it should.

I have a virgin install of Director Suite with the following;

PowerDirector 11 Ultimate Build 11.0.0.2110
PhotoDirector 4 Ultra Build 4.0.3306
AudioDirector 3 Ultra Build 3.0.0906
ColorDirector Ultra Build 1.0.2107

AMD Catalyst 12.8

Glad to hear your's is working correctly now.
Go to: