Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Guys,

My name is Lance and I publish the weekly Friday Roundup on my website that included reference to your PD News.

Please let me know whenever you publish a new one each tiem because I am happy to refer my readers to it anytime!

Just hit the contact button on my site and let me know.

Lance
Thanks Carl312.

I will pass on your recommendations and I think get her to do a little testing first to see what the results will lokk like.
Hi Guys,

I am looking for some suggestions regarding a problem a friend of mine is having and I am personally drawing a bit of a blank on it.

She started a project many years ago recording video on an SD Sony dv.avi tape camcorder.

A few years back, that camcorder died so she then went to a newer HD camcorder recording in AVCHD.

To make matters worse she then started editing in Windows Movie Maker and as you can possible imagine the results were awful!

She has now decided to re-enter this world of pain and wants to complete her project in PD14.

The final destination for the proejct is that she wants to connect her computer via HDMI cable to a large screen and play it for a bunch of semi-intoxicated rugby players. (My suggestion was to make sure they were REALLY intoxicated before she played it.)

Anyway, she understand that the two file types she has wont mix well given the HD and SD probelms but want to try to do the project anyway which will involve SD and HD material being mixed together.

So...

My thought was that she needs to find some kind of intermediate file type and set of parameters that both types of file can be converted to and then start editing.

These are the files she has, both are in 16:9 aspect ratio:

Old camera:

• dv.avi file

• frame width 720

• frame height 480

• data rate 28889kbps

• total bitrate 29913kbps

• frame rate 29 frames/second

• audio bit rate 1024kbps

New camera:

• MTS file

• Frame width 1440

• Frame height 1080

• Data rate 9031kbps

• Total bitrate 9287kbps

• Frame rate 29 frames/second

• Audio bit rate 256kbps

Does anyone on the board have any idea what I can suggest to her to get this handled because I am lost!
Go to: