Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
OK did the above, noticed error installing SmartSound.

Product: SmartSound Quicktracks Plugin -- Error 1706.No valid source
could be found for product SmartSound Quicktracks Plugin. The
Windows Installer cannot continue.

So in the "Background music:" I selected music from my iTunes directory and DVD burned to my harddrive.
The weird thing is that I choose the Broadway menu and the DVD folder created shows a different picture. See attached screen shot. the background is PD9 menu selected to burn and the foreground shows the DVD file playing showing and image completely different for the menu.
When I use a PD9 menu template, the preview doesn't work but I can preview one downloaded from DirectZone such as

http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/84076

I followed steps 1-5 and get "Burn Unsuccessful Error code: e80040154 Class not registered" when using the templates that come with PD9. The Eventvwr shows no errors.
The Burn to disc is successful when I use a menu template that I download through DirectZone.
Now i get Error code : e80040154 when using a menu template that came with the program.
I downloaded a menu from DirectZone, used it and had no problems making a DVD folder on my harddrive.
When I double-click on the menus, all but the Broadway one can be modified. Weird.
Here's my C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Menus

When I choose "No Menu" it burns a DVD folder on my computer.
PD9 was working fine until I accidentally installed menu template for PD7 (DVDMenuTemplate_FootballPack.exe).
I uninstalled PD9 and the templates and reinstalled PD9 but I am still getting an error trying to burn a DVD folder.

I get "Burning unsuccessful. Error code: e80070057 The parameter is incorrect" when I try to create a DVD 4.7 GB folder using a PD9 sample jpg. I do not get this error if I select "No Menu" in Menu Preferences.
When I select a menu template, all except one looks like a blank white screen except for Template 4. See attached screen shot.

In the Eventvwr, no error logs came up.

PD Ultra64 9.0.0.2316
@NicolasNY - Yes that's exactly right, everyone on my daughter's soccer team wants copies of the pictures and it's too large to fit on a CD so I'd rather just burn a single DVD that also stores the photos.

@FredB - I created a directory outside of AUDIO and VIDEO but my burner had problems. It would only burn after I deleted the directory. I'll try again using Baryddth's suggestion (http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14140.page#66881).
PowerProducer has feature that allows you to save the photos from your slideshow onto the DVD when you create it.
Is there a way to do that with PD9?
@FredB - It's 2 video cards, 3 monitors. I like my Apple Cinema in Landscape, my HP LP2465 in Portrait and the Cintiq21UX Tablet to draw on. If I had to do it again I don't know if I'd get such a big Cintiq.

So I installed the quadro-winxp-x64-265.90 driver and lo and behold, PD9 now burns to my hard drive perfectly. I will now try burning to disc.

I am seriously unhappy with NVIDIA's website that supposedly searched my system and reported all my drivers were up to date. What's worse is when I manually inputed my model numbers, all it came back with was 259.81
If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't of known 265.90 driver existed. Many Thanks FredB!
Will create a restore point and upgrade my NVIDIA driver with 265.90. Wish me luck!!!
It's 2 video cards, 3 monitors. When I plug in my card model, NVIDA says I have all the updated drivers for my cards. 259.81
Now the Event Viewer gives the following info

Faulting application pdr9.exe, version 9.0.0.2316, faulting module workspace.dll, version 9.0.0.2316, fault address 0x0000000000045456.

Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, faulting module quicktime.qts, version 7.66.73.0, fault address 0x00011d6c.
I tried burning a project with the sample clips that comes with PD9 and I get the same error.
DVD 4.7 GB
So I tried installing the two addons below and my PD9 stopped working again.

CyberLink_ContentPack_VDE100318-02.exe
CyberLink_HolidayV3_MTP101020-01.exe

SoI uninstalled PD9 and the templates and reinstalled but I now when I Burn I get the error message "Burning unsuccessful. Error code: e80070057 The parameter is incorrect."

The Event Viewer doesn't show any application error log info.
Thanks, you guys rock!!! My PD9 Burns now and hopefully I can finish the DVD's by my daughter's soccer team party by Monday. Love this forum and its knowledgeable folks.

@NicolasNY & JL_JL - Not a burning issue since PowerProducer has no issues on my machine.

@SeptimusFry -Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. With msconfig I re-enabled at startup CTASIO.SLL in SYSWOW64. %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSWOW\REGSVR.EXE /S %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSWOW64\CTASIO.SLL
I disabled it earlier because PD9 would crash when I clicked on Creat Disc. I disabled everything at startup to determine if anything was conflicting which turns out I had a menu template installed that was for PD7 that was causing the problem.

I also per below, disabled the Windows Desktop Search or the Search Indexer per below. I can now burn!!! But I don't know which solved it or if it was both.

http://www.sharepointassist.com/2009/01/07/searchmapi2handler1-cannot-be-loaded/

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/windowsdesktopsearchdevelopment/thread/c0c5561d-c972-4da2-ab22-48d97e69439e
This was also an issue on 64-bit Vista and we made a fix for it, but it looks like the fix did not correctly
address 64-bit XP.

The background on this issue is that there are two process that can index on 64-bit machines. One process
is 64-bit and can load 64-bit protocol handlers and the other is a 32-bit process which can load 32-bit
protocol handlers. In this case, since mapi (which is used to index outlook email) is 32-bit only, when
the 64-bit protocol handler process starts, it tries to load the 64-bit version of the non-existent mapi
protocol handler. It should call into the WOW64-32 layer to determine that this handler is correctly
registered in the other CLSID hive and not display the error. For some reason this check is not passing,
most likely due to some incompatible vista only flag we are using when calling to WOW64.

The good news is that this error message will not impact email indexing, but will create event messages
every time the protocol handler starts up.
Here's a screen shot of the error.
Also forgot to mention the build

AppName: pdr9.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.2316
I forgot to mention I was running PD9
Go to: