Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Arcsoft TotalMedia had trouble playing some of the extras on the 3rd disc. I got DELL to send me CyberLink's PowerDVD 9.5 and that one plays all three discs and the BD Live material too. CyberLink seems to be in the best position to figure this out--they have some software that won't play some features and others that will. It's a shame they don't respond and acknowledge the problem.
True about the OEM. I can find the BUDA folder. There was one single digit folder in there and 4 hexadecimal folders. I tried to delete all five, and I think that's what caused my "update player" problem. I restored them and it seems to fix the update player problem.
Whatever I tried to do made things worse. Now I get a red message saying my player needs an update. The player driver is already up to date.

Is it true that Cyberlink doesn't care to help any of us and is seemingly forcing us to buy software from other companies?
Sorry I'm having some trouble with this. I found BUDA, for some reason for me it's under My Videos. I was able to get hidden files to show and uncheck inheritable permissions. Under chane permissions when I hit Add, I can't hit OK (it's greyed out). I don't know how to change write access. Where do you find Read and List Folder Contents?

I'm testing $100 software that lets me sometimes play the 2nd and 3rd discs from this set, but I lost the ability to view the Blue Ray Live content. Has anyone got this content to work?

Has Cyberware helped anyone with this? They tell me I need to contact DELL, and they are clueless and usually unreachable.

Thanks for the help!
That's a large part of my problem trying to get tech help. It takes a long time to get an answer, and the answer usually is: "Ask someone else!" FOX blames the software, Cyberlink says contact DELL, DELL says contact Cyberlink, and Philips says contact DELL.

I think it's at least partially Cyberlink's problem, since other, more expensive software WILL play the discs.

I'm getting more and more annoyed with digital rights management. It drives people to seek out the software people use to pirate media, not to steal things, but just to try and view the media we buy legally. I'm not opposed to paying. FOX deserves money for their great movie, I paid DELL a ton of money for a fast computer, and Cyberlink got paid for their software. I just wish it would work. I might have to pay for other software that does.

A better job should be done here, though. We're talking about the biggest money-making movie of all time. Of course someone is going to try and play it on Cyberlink's software. I may be naive but it probably wouldn't take much effort for Cyberlink to test it and come up with a solution. The disc has been publically available for almost two weeks now.

Here we just see the people who were persistent enough to find these forums and post. How many others just returned the discs or contacted Cyberlink once and gave up?

I finally had some sucess. I downloaded a 15 day trial of a competitor's player and it works. Therefore it seems the problem is with Cyberlink's PowerDVD DX software. The competitor's software is $100, so I'd rather use the Cyberlink software that came with my $5000 DELL computer. If someone from Cyberlink can contact me and fix the problem, that would be great. (I sent in a couple tech support e-mails, and they told me to contact DELL, who told me it would cost $250 for software support. I sent another tech support request to Cyberlink, so we'll see what happens. Worst case is I pay $100 and get to watch this blu ray, which would not be a bad deal since I've already wasted about 15 hours trying to get Cyberlink's player to work.)
I tried booting the computer in safe mode but the disc wouldn't load.
Quote: deleting the 3 directories located in this folder and then disconnecting from the internet before loading the disk will allow it to play.

Since that folder was empty on my machine, I tried disconnecting the internet, reloading PowerDVD, insterting the disc, and playing it. I get the same problem: Playing the disc seems to be "Prohibited" The discs were purchased in the US.
Were you able to play discs 2 and 3 with the extra content?
Well, for whatever reason, now my computer is showing the file folders under my login. I have AppData, Roaming, CyberLink, PowerDVD but there is no Local Data folder under PowerDVD. In fact, the PowerDVD folder is empty.
On my PowerDVD, there is no UI for settings and ctrl-C does nothing. Maybe it's a dumbed-down version for DELL users.

I looked under C: users and did a search for cyberlink but the folders mentioned did not show up. Under users I saw Guest and Public, but my username did not show up. I tried changing my folder settings to show more folders by hitting the check box near Hidden under properties, which was a mistake--since it hid all of my desktop shorcuts and disabled my RSS feeds.

I actually got the movie to play-- it won't autoplay, and I have to let it load for about 20 seconds, then it gives the message about looking online for player updates, then the screen goes black. After that, I have to press play and wait another 15 seconds and then it will give the disc menu. However, I can't play the 2nd or 3rd discs in the set. I wait for it to load, then try to play, and I briefly see Prohibited show in the upper right.
I looked up the German forum information:

1. Click UI button “Configure PowerDVD Settings” (Or hotkey Ctrl-C)
2. The path of Local Storage is at “Blu-ray Disc  Advanced  BD-Live  Location”
3. Copy & Paste the path to Windows File Explorer. You will see 3 folders: APDA, BPSA, and BUDA.
4. Delete all 3 folders to clear local storage.
5. Disconnect the internet. So it will not check available update from the remote server.
6. Launch PowerDVD and playback the title.

I can't find such a UI button. I can find configure Display settings but there is no Local Storage path listed. Also, I'm not trying to play April's Avatar disc. I'm trying to play the one released this month. I don't want to mess with settings if it won't fix my problem, and could even make things worse.
I'm having the same problem. I've spent over five hours and contacted more companies than I can remember trying to get the Extended Edition Avatar Blu Ray disc to play.

I'm using Power DVD DX. I can be contacted at rfachiniii@msn.com

Thanks!
Go to: