Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Thank you for supplying the DxDiag.txt. This laptop is too old to be upgraded to windows 10. Dell did not supply the upgrade path like they did on their newer pc back in 2015. Intel never supplied any windows 10 drivers for the components on this motherboard. Users have upgraded to win 10 anyway using the win 7 drivers.

Reinstalling Windows 10 as a new install instead of an upgrade means that no Intel HD Graphics 3000 driver is available for install to fix the problem you are experiencing.

One can restore the laptop to the original factory configuration and then upgrade to win 10 to supply the missing driver.

One Dell user has found a workaround to install the Dell win 8.1 upgrade first before an upgrade to win 10 fixed his issue in the forum: https://www.dell.com/community/Laptops-General-Read-Only/E6520-Windows-10/td-p/4625382 .

BTW: You installed the windows 10 32 bit version instead of the 64 bit version so your laptop can only access 3.5 GB of ram instead of the full 8 GB of ram installed on the motherboard. Better stick with the win 7 operating system to avoid future problems if desired.

Thanks a lot for your very useful reply. (It's the type of reply I expect - and appreciate - from this type of forum.)
I'm only an ordinary "end user" and I don't usually dig into details of drivers, driver versions, patches, updates, etc.
I "inherited" this laptop with win 7 on it. It was "too good" to throw it away (Core i7, 8GB RAM, 300GB disk,...) So, I tried to put some Win 10 on it and decided to use it exclusively for video and audio stuff.
As you suggested I will reinstall Win 7 (64 bit... and all other applications including PD9) and see how it works.
Again, Thanks!
Quote PD9 is ancient, and the WER crash reports at the end of your DxDiag results show that you're not running the final release (3305) from almost 10 years ago. You can download it from this page and that may help with this issue.

OK... Not sure I can follow you. How did it never show this problem before the crash, knowing that I never implemented this 3305?
Anyway. I downloaded this 3305 and implemented it. It doesn't make any difference. New DxDIag_1.txt in attachement. Thanks anyway.
Any other suggestions?
Quote Please read this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77190.page and attach the DxDiag.txt on your next reply.

OK. DxDiag.txt in attachment.

So, I added two screenshots:

1. a screenshot of the original video (source) in the media library, showing a normal picture, and

2. a screenshot of the Timeline video (same source video), but.... it doesn't show the picture that I see on my screen. On my screen I see the very same picture as in 1. but with a very high brightness. The screenshot however shows nothing but a black screen. Very strange.

I use an old PD9, already many years, on several PC's. Today it runs on a Dell Latitude E6520 on Win 10. I recently experienced a Win 10 crash and reinstalled Win 10, and I reinstalled all other applications including PD.
The strange thing is that whenever I add a movie to the timeline, the preview window shows the movie much too bright, as if the brightness has been turned up a lot. I never experienced that problem before, not on this PC, not on any other PC. If the preview window shows another selected movie, then it looks normal. Only the movie on the timeline shows this problem.
The problem looks a little similar to "Preview Screen when playing is black", but my preview screen is not black, but shows the movie much too bright.
The OP didn't get a solution for his problem.
I tried all the tricks mentioned for his problem, but it didn't make any difference.
This PC has an NVIDIA NVS 4200M, and runs the latest version driver (392.37). I never touched the settings.
It worked perfectly before the crash.
Any ideas?
@ynotfish :
>> It's a PD10 64-bit issue. ...

No it isn't. I have exactly the same problem with PD9.
My PD9 does not recognise the audio in .mov files.
I import them in the library, play the imported files and there is audio.
If I transfer them on the timeline, then there is no audio track.
(And no audio when playing the timeline.)

I solved my problem, but I don't know how...
I updated PD9 to build 3305 from 2011-09-16, and I used the trick mentioned before on this forum, I renamed my .mov files.
After renaming I re-imported them into the library and inserted them in the timeline, and YESSS. Problem solved.
Go to: