Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
OK Silly me... said to myself... I said self... lets try UNinstalling 8 first... did the trick... so far, as it is installing correctly now....
I DLed PD9 from net... both files... came in WinRar... both saved to same place... went to unzip #1.. installed it.. at end came to a very weird screen about codes and stuff... figured Id install batch #2.. wont install saying I need PD9.. so I was going to DL again from IE instead of firefox... go back to my order history page.. says no recent orders.. any help? Thanks

~J
Contacted technical support they got back to me about changing the virtual mem and the normal route of closing all programs, anti-virus etc.. will give that a shot later tonight...

If worse comes to worst.... what kind of card would you recommend getting... to be honest, I just use it for recording gameplay right now but in the future I will get an HD capable cam for videos, etc..

Something in the $100-150 range is fine... did a quick look and seems like I should be ok in the price range

edit: I tried what CS said to do, same thing... but it works fine with a graphic transition added, just the hard ones it hangs up... which doesnt bother me any as I like to add them... well anyways.. back to work I go.....
Quote: Do you have the shadow files turned off?

Alt+C, general tab. uncheck Enable file processing...

I am at work right now and not on that PC... but yes I do have them turned off... After I posted this thread, I searched and found a few other similar ones with same problem... I tried the suggestion of lowering the preview quality.. didnt help really... At first they were hard transitions so I added in some transition graphics and it worked... I have a feeling it is more with my PC rather than any settings on PD.. I know all my drivers are up to date, ETC... Maybe the graphics card is a little on the lower end... especially since my files are in HD.... The Radeon HD3200 was stock in the gateway and I never upgraded to a better version...
files are recorded in Mpeg2 1280 X 720 and have even recorded in lower reso... can load & multi trim but sometimes during preview or uploading or saving, the video will freeze between clips but audio is fine....

if I jump the current cursor forward, it will "catch up" and be fine until transition to next clip

Using a gateway LX6200-1 AMD Phenom Quad 2.2 with 8Gs ram

any ideas or suggestions?
Just want to update...

Carl, what you suggested helped... but I went to try another capture program other than the Avermedia and decided to try VHcapture..... it didnt work but it change the recoded files from Avermedia to a .VH file and they work perfectly now... I can still record with the quality at 20,000, some lag but deal-able. The small hang ups when loading are worth the quality in my opinion...

thanks for the help....
Kev,

Problem is with the Avermedia, it is a sort of stand alone and you really need to use their capture software... I can capture using PD but only comes in Standard 4:3 (kind of cheats the system believing it is coming from an S-vid cable)...and the Aver it has limited options for capturing.... The quality I do believe is the bitrate... it is adjustable from 1-40000 on that resolution size....

So you think it just may be a setting problem rather than a ram?
Hey guys.. first time poster here.. know a little bit about PCs and such but new to editing software.. these are my specs...

Gateway LX6200-1 PC
AMD Phenom Quad 2.2Ghz
8G Ram
64 Bit Vista
ATI Radeon HD3200 graphics card

My files are recorded from gaming console to PC using:

Avermedia HD DVR PCIe card

Recorded file types are:

Mpeg-2
1280 X 720 (video quality set at 20,000)
60 FPS
16:9 ratio

This is my situation....

Ill open PD8 and choose file... seems like anything larger than say 150 MB does not load fully... smaller files will show up on clipboard with a scene shot.... these files have a generic Mpeg shot and say "file shadow:generating"... anyways...
after sometime they will load.. I can multi-trim but during preview "movie" once it gets to the next clip, the video freezes but the audio plays fine....Sometimes they wont even load...no problem at all as long as clip is small in file size...

Im guessing it is a RAM problem, correct?

One problem though but this concerns another editor I have installed.... SV9.. they load perfectly there and play fine with some speed issues (vid too fast, but thats another thread and another website, sorry for bringing that up but it might be relevant )

Any ideas???

I dont mind doing lesser quality recordings and editing but I tend to be a perfectionist when Im doing something...

Thanks for your time...

~ HeLL

If I load a lower resolution file, say 720 X 480, Im able to load a file as large as 2Gs with no problem

also, whats the best settings for youtube posting? If & when I can get a clip set and ready to go... the youtube direct post seems to work the best... but does have some slight lag and jittering
Go to: