Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Okay, the reaload of Windows 7 fixed my problem. This seemed to be a bit of an overkill, but oh well it's done.
Thanks again everyone for the input.

Good day!
Okay, I think I'll reload Windows this weekend. I have waisted too much time already. Thank you everyone for your input. I'll post an update this weekend.

What cleaning tool are you refering to?
I must confess, I have not read that link before and will do all of those suggestions tonight when I get home from work.

Thank you for your replies, you have given me hope!

Here is the diagnostic test for my computer.

Also, I tried to install the patch again for PD8 after an uniistall and reinstall and it asks me if I want to uninstall again and I say yes. During the unistallation, I get the following error:

Cant load SKUtil.dll

Since I can't get PD8 to fully open, how can I gdp part A to tell you about the build.

Thanks again!

I have checked and granted there are several similar problems, however no steadfast fix. That's where I got the ideas to use Ccleaner, update Quicktime, etc. I have unistalled and reinstalled about 4 times.

Very frustrating. I sure wish I could get some help.

Thanks for your reply. At least I know someone is reading my post.

Cheers!

I just recently installed PD 8 on my Windows 7 64 bit machine. The installation went fine, and I was able to use it for a while. However, it stopped working and I was unable to get it to start. I get the message' "PowerDirector has stopped working" when I start the program. When I launch the program, the picture of the girl comes on the screen, but then says "PowerDirector has stopped working" and shuts down. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times and I get the same problem. I tried cleaning the registry using CCleaner and still no luck. Updated Quicktime as well. I really don't want to reload the whole operating system to get this to work. Any ideas? Thank you!
Go to: