Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
hey popandleo I have the same issue now and tried to uninstall and re install program and nothing works yet. Have you resolved your issue yet? Thanks jerry
Hey everybody . Im trying to edit some video with some music, and for some the sound bars stop working. I thought maybe it was the music clip itself but tried several others and still nothing. The sound does work in the preview but not when editing. I'v recently had some issues with my NVidia graphics card but got that fixed. It seems the sound problem started shortly after that. I don't know if the two are related or not. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks everybody!!
Thanks Stevek. Just got back in to town, I'll give that a try...

Happy New year!!
Hey everybody, Im done dealing with the issue with NVidia, so my question is, if I upgrade to Power Director 11 will this issue go away? It also seems the the lastest driver is crashing my entire system. Even after down loading the patch from Cyberlink, it doesn't seem to help with Power Director 10.

Thanks, Happy Holidays
Thanks Carl and Steve. I downloaded the 301.42 anyways to see if it would take on my graphics card. So far it seems to work. The preview is a little more grainy than I would like, but I think I can live with it. With that taking care of, I was wondering would this be the place to ask about how I can import my videos from my external disk drive to my PMB (picture motion browser) Program. Its the software that came with my sony handy cam, and it works well with PD. However the PMB web site does not have forum to ask, just FAQ's. Thanks, again...
Hey everybody its been quite awhile. Hope all is well with everybody. My old computer was hit by lightning some months ago. Finally just purchased a Dell with windows 8, 64 bit OPSystem, 12 GB ram. intel Core i7 cpu@3.40 GHz x2 (what ever that is) and a NVIDIA GeForce GT640 ver: 305.29. Currently running PD 10, Now my problem is when im editing in High preview or normal preview resolution the video wants to render, making It difficult to edit at all. Now, I read the bit about Nvidia driver v302.42 and the issues with PD 10 and 11. So my question is, does this apply to me also or is there something I can change to fix this? I tried to upgrade as much as I could afford to avoid this so I hope the problem is me and not my system. I really enjoy PD and cant wait to get back to editing!

Thanks, Jerry
Well, it looks likes i have a wide range of options. I've been on Dell and HP website checking some new towers out. Also some local shops too. I want to make sure i get my moneys worth. I thank you all and hope to return with good news.

thanks
10 rams keith

ps: go titans
I posted recently about Video Cards and recieved some great info from Robert2 S and AllenChicago. However after searching the FORUM and the web, it appears that my model HP Pavilion (mainly for office use) is only run on 250 watts, the least wattage video card i could find is 300. I found some sort of power booster, but conflicting reviews on them. I dont think i would like to take a chance on them. I have noticed some of you are running HP Pavilions, perhaps a bit bigger than mine. So now i am looking to upgrade to a new system, I like my HP and have had no problems with it, However i am basing this purchase soley around PD 9 and up. So If anyone has any suggestions, i am open to them.

Thanks
10 rams keith
Thanks, hope to get it done soon. I will get back to the forum and let you know how it turned out.

thanks again
Thanks Allen, Do you know where to find that info at ?

Thanks keith
Thanks Robert2 S, Thats the answer im looking for. Is installing them very difficult. I do have the proper slots on my mother board. And i can only assume that you install them and upload the drivers. As far as the ram, thats just what it says on my systems page. However im told thats plenty im still going to upgrade to 6.

Thanks again,

PS great vids.
Hello everybody, its been awhile since i'v been here. I want to edit in HD instead of a lower compression video, ( avi, mpeg,2, wma, etc). When i try to, i get the start,stop , and freeze up effect. Checking around, i'v found that i might require a better video card. My current video card is intergrated in my mother board. Checking the min requirements for PD9, i will probably have to upgrade to 6gb memory(ram) also. My question is , does anybody have any suggestions on what type of video card ? There seems to be a wide range of them, and pricing.

Im running Windows vista home premium edition, HP, Model a6637c, Pentium duel core CPU 2.50GHz x 2, 5Gb memory (ram), 64 bit operating system. Also im using a Sony HDr-cx150.

I'v checked around the forum and found that nvida and amd or the top 2 cards, but thats about as far as i got or understand. To see what type of video editing im doing go to youtube and search bigbuff74 . That should get you to my videos, mainly sports and family. Im always wanting to learn how to do new things on PD so im always open to suggestions on my videos.

Thanks, jerry
Cool thanks, i'll try that and get back. thanks jerry
I posted at a earlier date that PD8 was not working properly (BAM CRASH PD. Thanks to the cyberlink community i fixed it by turning VIDEO_TS to AVI or mpeg2 form, And it seem to work with very few problems, hardly any to be exact. So thanks for that. However my videos are not real clear, kind of fuzzy around the edges. Currently im using a Sony Handycam DCR-DVD105 w/ a carl zeiss vario tessar 20x opt. 800x digital, mini dvd-r. Also i have windows vista w/ Pentium duel core cpu. 64 bit operating system. Normally , i produce the videos in avi 4:3 standard def. Iv tried mpeg and mpeg 2, but still they are pretty fuzzy. So, is it time to upgrade to HD with better zoom or is there something i can do with PD8 ? I mainly use my handycam for sport events, if that helps. thanks, jerry
Hey cool, thanks for the reply. I will get that info up soon as can, thanks.
I'v recently purchased PD8 and it skips and freezes and then BAM, CRASH ! All this while im editing. I have used PD6 ( i think thats what is was) I even upgraded to the one after that and made some really good sport videos of my kids. But i'v tried to uninstall and reinstall PD8 and made sure to uninstall PD6. Im using a standard definition sony disc camera, With a windows vista thats maybe a year old, I'v tried to shorten clips and still the same thing. Football is right around the corner and i need to get the problem solved. Please, Please, help.

Thanks , Jerry
Go to: