Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I didnt update it Mark. I will and post my findings.
Hi Mike,

I have connected only TOSLINK cable to my Creative X-Fi card. Nothing else. The cable from the card goes to the digital control panel of Logitech Z-5500 to which 6 speakers are connected. Yup onboard sound is disabled in Bios. Issue is prevalent only in music mode with tt surround and dolby prologic if I choose them from dropdown box. Only thing that works is stereo. All this happens in Pdvd10

But audio works fine in Pdvd9 on all settings stereo, 6channel ttsurround, dolby prologic.
Hi Mike,

The thing that worries me is that PDVD10 was working a couple of days ago with the same digital connection if I choose TT -Audio and would get full positional audio on all 6 speakers.
Matter of fact, on powerdvd9 which I also have, the same settings work perfect (6speakers TTsurround, Digital Toslink connection). I can post a screenshot if it helps.

Thnx,
Shiv
Hi Mike,

Im using Digital Optical O/p Toslink.

If I select 6 speaker in the TT control panel of Powerdvd 10, I get the error message that this format is not supported. The same thing if I choose SPDIF in the drop down box. The only thing that works is (Current speaker setting) which produces stereo O/p from all the speakers.
I have the same problem on my system. Power DVD10 says that the media format is currently not supported for mp3. The settings I chose are 6 speaker and True theater surround. But it plays if I choose current system config...which selects 2 speakers and stereo sound. The funny thing is that the software was working fine couple of days ago on my same system. Right now, I do have power dvd 9 which works flawlessly on my system. No hardware changes at all. My current syst. specs are
Corei7 920
6GB DDR3 RAM
2x9800GTX Graphic cards
Creative X-Fi soundblaster Titanium Pro
Logitech Z-5500
Win7 64 Ultimate

All the hardware have the latest drivers and windows is up to date with all the patches including directx.
The sound pass through to the speakers is via Toslink Optical out into the Digital control panel of Z-5500.

The movies and video files work on power dvd10 with the same settings (6speakers, ttsound). But the mp3s refuse to work no matter what. I did try complete uninstall using Your Uninstaller and reinstalled the app., but the problem persists.

Anticipating a solution to this problem!!

Regards,
Shiv
Go to: