Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks everyone!

I had hoped that would be the case....its just that the customer support statement had me a little (actually a lot) concerned, and deciding on whether it would be worth the hassle to upgrade.

Cheers
Hi!

Sorry if this has been covered before...But i placed a question for CL support on this issue and got the following response

"Yes, I regret to inform you that you would need to redo all your incomplete projects in PowerDirector 9 or you better complete them in PowerDirector 8 before installing the latest one. "

My question is what is an incomplete project?
By definition, I should be able to go to a project and modify /add/ delete something and generate a new video.

Does it mean what I think, that once I install PD9, I would have to redo any work I did in PD8?

Thanks
Aderbad

" Want to upgrade but scared of losing all the work"
Tony,

Thanks for all the help....One more question, how did you get your sphere so perfect. Here's my attempts none of which are as nice as yours. Attached is the original logo, and the animated one I created using GIMP.

Cheers

Aderbad
Tony,

Thanks for the help, thats exactly what I am trying to do. I will get Gimp and try it out.

Cheers
Aderbad
Thanks for the reply.

That's what I was trying but could not get the rotation to work for me where the logo looked good.

One additional question regarding rotation. How do you rotate text or an image on the vertical axis running thru the centerline of the text or image. The only rotation that I see is on the center point of the object.

For a logo containing text the rotation needed is where the text stays on the same horizontal plane, but rotates on a vertical line in the center of the image. I hope I explained this right
Hi!

Does anyone know how to use either an animated GIF of a 3D logo or to create one in PD8.

I am trying to create a video that includes a Logo (currently a JPEG image), and have that rotate on its vertical axis to create a rotating image. The only rotation I get in PD seems to be on a horizontal axis.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Go to: