Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio/Video desync using PD365
[Post New]
Hello,

It's my first topic as I've never had any major issues with PD. A couple of weeks ago I decided to treat myself with the PD365 package.

Now, the problem: I recorded some game footage and when I tried to edit it with the PD365 I realized that at some point audio and video started desync. My first thought was that the recorded clip is corrupted, but no, I watched that and it's all OK. Going forward, I tested this with different video editors like Filmora and some free online stuff, and all of them gave me a good result. Therefore my brand new Power Director 365 is the only video editor that failed.

I can also add that I recorded 5 more clips that day and all of them are OK before and after editing. Unfortunately, this one is particularly important to me.

Any ideas about what could happen in this situation?

Thanks
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

It's my first topic as I've never had any major issues with PD. A couple of weeks ago I decided to treat myself with the PD365 package.

Now, the problem: I recorded some game footage and when I tried to edit it with the PD365 I realized that at some point audio and video started desync. My first thought was that the recorded clip is corrupted, but no, I watched that and it's all OK. Going forward, I tested this with different video editors like Filmora and some free online stuff, and all of them gave me a good result. Therefore my brand new Power Director 365 is the only video editor that failed.

I can also add that I recorded 5 more clips that day and all of them are OK before and after editing. Unfortunately, this one is particularly important to me.

Any ideas about what could happen in this situation?

Thanks

Hi,

Some more detail on the clip in question might be useful, I realise you recorded others that worked but it would be nice to know the details of both clip types. Use something like Mediainfo online and post up the outputs as a text file?
https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfoOnline

By way of a quick solution, you could use handbrake to convert the file to a "known" format and see if that solves the issue?

Does the de-sync carry through to the final production or just in the preview?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
[Post New]

Hi,

Some more detail on the clip in question might be useful, I realise you recorded others that worked but it would be nice to know the details of both clip types. Use something like Mediainfo online and post up the outputs as a text file?
https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfoOnline

By way of a quick solution, you could use handbrake to convert the file to a "known" format and see if that solves the issue?

Does the de-sync carry through to the final production or just in the preview?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Hello,

1. The MediaInfo text file is attached.

2. Thanks to your suggestion, I realized that the de-sync is just in the preview, the final output is 100% fine! All that time I thought that the preview de-sync will affect the final file, but no. In this scenario, it's just an annoying glitch that appears in around 10% of my edits.
Is there something I can change in my settings that can eliminate it or it's a known issue?

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
 Filename
2022-10-30 08-16-09.mp4_MediaInfo.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
66 time(s)