Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slow and freezes.
Withnell [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 09, 2020 00:43 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have a responably powered computer, and recently (within the last month) it has become beyond slow ... it freezes at times for what seems forever (sometimes it is 10 or more minutes). The software is all but unusable. I'll click on something during editing, and then it might as well have crashed. (Clicking on something else gives the "program is not responding" from windows.) I half wonder if it were one of the recent updates.

First the computer:
------------------
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19044) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: 2403 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz (20 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 65536MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 65432MB RAM
Page File: 13690MB used, 61469MB available
User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
System DPI Setting: 192 DPI (200 percent)

GPU nVidia RTX 3090

memory used does not go above 30%,
the videos I edit are no more than 16 GB
CPU use sometimes goes to 25%
GPU use tends to stay below 10%

This is fairly new behavior. I've been using the system for quite a while and it doesn't seem to have a problem with any other software. (I've run benchmarks for both the system and graphics to see if something is going bad wrong ... but they are still were they have been within a percent or two)

If anyone else has had similar and you solved it, please share.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Looking at the specs of your PC, it does look like you have sufficient "power" to normally operate PD. My first thought was that you may have a virus in your system, but you say (I understand) that it is only PD (365?) that shows a problem, all other software runs okay?
Maybe try to find out what you have changed or installed around 1 month ago (or the moment it when slower), this can be windows, but all drivers and other software. It can even nbe that windows is damaged, or some hardware, that your drive(s) are full etc.
It helps us giving a better indication where to look if you share more details, like in de DXDiag.txt file (as is pointed out in the forum hints), and the version of PD.
In the meantime you might want to check you windows system, to exclude any causes there, by looking for updates and running the programs SFC and DISM (you can browse for the precise utilisation of these).
Koen41 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 15, 2016 09:05 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
I can confirm the same problem from time to time. This problem did not occur with the previous version of PD.
BadWolf [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 10, 2015 09:45 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
Same here. it happens randomly when I click on something. no rhyme or reason.