Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
All transitions have disappeared
PeterG2706 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2020 12:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
When I last re-started powerdirector 365 and selected Transitions from the side menu, the list is empty, 0 content, does anyone know what has happned and how to get them back. I tried shutting down, rebooting and loading PD again but still not there?
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
All other effects, titles, etc are still loading? Any custom-made transitions that may cause the problem?
Normally I would point to the project aspect ratios (16x9, 1x1 etc.) because the availability of titles, particles etc. But (I my case at least) the number of transitions stays the same for all ratios…
Next to restarting the computer I would also look for other “obvious” causes:
- Older 365 version? During the last few versions, the loading of effects, transitions etc. had been given a different approach, this caused effects etc to load very slow. Maybe -if you have not fully updated PD, to load not at all? I would uninstall PD completely and reinstall it again using the application manager.
- before doing so, I would also make sure that any and all of my old effects, titles and transitions (custom made) were temporarily moved aside (look in the documents CyberLink 20.0 version folder). This just to make sure that none of the custom-made effects stops PD from loading all. Put these back in the original folder, after you ahve closed PD and before you start it up again...
- looking at drivers, are they all up to date? It is not likely I would think that the not loading of transitions is caused by drives out of date….
- if that all does not help the remaining options are to share your DXDiag file with us here (you never know what there is to find), and to report the problem to CL support.
PeterG2706 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2020 12:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote All other effects, titles, etc are still loading? Any custom-made transitions that may cause the problem?
Normally I would point to the project aspect ratios (16x9, 1x1 etc.) because the availability of titles, particles etc. But (I my case at least) the number of transitions stays the same for all ratios…
Next to restarting the computer I would also look for other “obvious” causes:
- Older 365 version? During the last few versions, the loading of effects, transitions etc. had been given a different approach, this caused effects etc to load very slow. Maybe -if you have not fully updated PD, to load not at all? I would uninstall PD completely and reinstall it again using the application manager.
- before doing so, I would also make sure that any and all of my old effects, titles and transitions (custom made) were temporarily moved aside (look in the documents CyberLink 20.0 version folder). This just to make sure that none of the custom-made effects stops PD from loading all. Put these back in the original folder, after you ahve closed PD and before you start it up again...
- looking at drivers, are they all up to date? It is not likely I would think that the not loading of transitions is caused by drives out of date….
- if that all does not help the remaining options are to share your DXDiag file with us here (you never know what there is to find), and to report the problem to CL support.

Many thanks for the extensive answer.

I decided to to a another reboot and then re-load ot PD and this time it said it was downloading transistions!!

But eventually they were all back again?

Not sure why, but hey ho, all is working ok now :

Thanks again for your help.

Peter
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
I am glad that it works!