Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do you Save a PhotoDirector 12 - Photo Animation as a project (with animation data)?
Anastacia8178 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 06, 2022 11:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Probably should've started a "New Topic" instead of replying on an old one..

Hello,

I'm using PhD 13 and I can't successfully "Produce" a movie of my photo animation. Projects aren't opening up with the animation after saving them, just a still photo with what would be the animation on them. I've tried adding background music to see if it would trigger the animation and still nothing. If I save it as a .GIF it will animate, but some platforms don't support a .GIF file.

Thanks in advance!

Anastacia
[Post New]
Hello Anastacia8178,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum "laughing"

When you create an animation file under Guided > Animation Effects in PhD (which you've done), you can save it as a video file (.MP4 or .WMV) or as an animated .GIF file.

Are you saying that:

1. the produced video or .GIF doesn't show animation when played in other software?, or

2. you cannot import the produced file back into PhD?

Adding background music (as you've found) won't trigger animation. It's just an added effect.

Videos & animated GIFs can only be imported into PhD if you wish to use one of the Video-to-Photo options.

""

This is the statement that confuses me about what you're trying to do:

Projects aren't opening up with the animation after saving them, just a still photo with what would be the animation on them.

Once we understand the issue, I'm sure it can be resolved simply.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Anastacia8178 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 06, 2022 11:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello Anastacia8178,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum """"laughing""""

When you create an animation file under Guided > Animation Effects in PhD (which you've done), you can save it as a video file (.MP4 or .WMV) or as an animated .GIF file.

Are you saying that:

1. the produced video or .GIF doesn't show animation when played in other software?, or

2. you cannot import the produced file back into PhD?

Adding background music (as you've found) won't trigger animation. It's just an added effect.

Videos & animated GIFs can only be imported into PhD if you wish to use one of the Video-to-Photo options.

""""""""

This is the statement that confuses me about what you're trying to do:

Projects aren't opening up with the animation after saving them, just a still photo with what would be the animation on them.

Once we understand the issue, I'm sure it can be resolved simply.

PIX

Hi!

My Macbook pro is playing the .GIF file in the default viewer with the animated sparkle effect, but will not play will not play the .MP4 file with the animated sparkle effect (I don't have the option to save it as a .WMV file). I have tried opening up the .MP4 file using QuickTime and Elmedia Video Player, and still nothing.

If I add another Light Effect>Bokeh, or add a Decortation>Overlay (sparkle) and it will save and the animation will work as an .MP4 file.

I'm not trying to upload it into PhotoDirector or any other programs for additional editing, only playback.
I hope my explination makes a little more sense. Let me see if I can attach it for more of a visual aid...
 Filename
video.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
This is the .MP4 File won
 Filesize
10520 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
58 time(s)
[Thumb - fasterpresentsparkle.gif]
 Filename
fasterpresentsparkle.gif