Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
can't connec to cloud from within program
BadWolf [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 10, 2015 09:45 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
After the last update of PD365 I no lolnger can connect to the cloud via PD. I can access everything via web browser fine. However if I am in PD and goto account information, or attempt to upload/download to/from cyberlink cloud i get the always not-helpful very-generic "Cyberlink Powerdirector could not connect to the cyberlink cloud server"

Support isn't any help other than generic scripted response. I know it's not my internet connection. Is there some activation information in the registry somewhere I can clear out? What mechanism is PD using to connect to the internet that is different than using a web browser on port 80/443?

Thanks!
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I did test this just now and it works fine for me. Uploading and downloading project files etc.
I assume that you have filled in the (correct) useridand password e.g. in the preferences/DirectorZone.
Warry

I am using: Windows 11 21H2 build 22000.675

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 20. 2022 09:25

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I see the same problem on my desktop when trying any of the 3 CL cloud options under the File menu. However, my Surface Book 3 has no trouble at all. Those systems are running different Insider Preview versions of Win 11 (22621.1 for the desktop and 25120.1000 for the SB3), but I don't think that's the main reason why cloud access on the desktop isn't working.

If I have time I'll see if I can diagnose the issue and figure out why one PC works while the other doesn't.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 19. 2022 13:01

BadWolf [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 10, 2015 09:45 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
It magically started working again. Don't know what the issue was but it resolved itself I guess.