Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirector 15 won't use GPU #1 instead of 0 and uses all CPU %
TB163 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 19, 2021 02:04 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have two NVidia GeForce 1080's in my system. Not SLI, and typically #0 is used for gaming, so I wanted to dedicate #1 to video encoding / decoding in Cyberlink.

After some time searching I found a video stating two things needed to be set to enable NVidia GPU usage in Powerdirector. 1, in NVidia Control Panel, 3D settings, Program Settings, add Cyberlink and ensure CUDA is set to use the specific card and then right-click the desktop, go to Display Settings, Graphics Settings and under Graphics Performance Preference choose Desktop app, click Browse, add PDR.exe then Click on it and click on Options, then select High Performance and save.

I rebooted, but what ends up happening is in Task Manager, only GPU 0 is used and it still uses 75 to 99% of CPU while using up to 50% of GPU 0 only.

What do I have to change to make PowerDirector only use GPU #1?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Let us know which nVidia driver that you are talking about. You may be better off installing the May 2016 driver release to get you going. You may want to upgrade to PD365 so that you can use the latest nvidia video driver.