CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Glass shatter transition
Reply to this topic
Tony79 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Apr 26, 2022 01:34 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
OK I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right section here but I'm trying to create a video where the final part is a punch towards the camera which looks like it's hit the lens and shatters with each piece of shard showing the last image of that punch.

The closest I've been able to get is using a glass shatter template which starts out white, then chroma key the punch to show in that white area, but as the glass moves you can see its just an image in the background as the shards move over it.

I'm trying to get that image of the punch to actually shatter like glass to leave just a black background at the end.

Hopefully that all makes sense as finding it difficult to try and describe, but if anyone knows if this can be done could anyone shed some light on how, oh and I'm only a beginner too!

Thanks in advance and hopefully my hair can be saved!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6006 Offline
[Post New]
Place a black color board in track 1. Punch image in track 2. Use the glass shatter transition on track 2.
Tony79 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Apr 26, 2022 01:34 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Place a black color board in track 1. Punch image in track 2. Use the glass shatter transition on track 2.

I'm assuming there's an actual transition effect for glass shatter in the transition menu and don't need to use a video of one as overlay to achieve this effect?

Thanks again
Reply to this topic