Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
svrt disabled after trimming clip
matthewjames88 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 11, 2022 15:22 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

1. Hi guys. When I trim an MP4 file in powerdirector svrt is not available, but when I add a title, transition etc svrt is enabled. It has to re-render the transitions title sections (shown in red on svrt information on the timeline)

I hope this makes sense. What I'm trying to ask is why trimming a section off the end of a clip requires complete re-rendering, where as adding a title, transitions - more complex thing ls, power director intelligently knows knows what to re-encode.

I am using powerdirector 15

Is this normal functionality or is there something I am missing?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
If you trim a clip at the beginning you may remove the I or keyframe in a GOP so it has to be reencoded. It is not necessary to re-encode if trimming is done at the end. Upgrading PD15 to PD365 and you may find svrt is active after trimming an avc mp4 clip. I find that the svrt produced clips work well with windows media players but choke on Sony standalone players on a usb flash drive if any trimming was done on the beginning of a clip.

Others may have different opinions and do the smart rendering by other methods.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If you trim a clip at the beginning you may remove the I or keyframe in a GOP so it has to be reencoded. It is not necessary to re-encode if trimming is done at the end.

Kind of strange, so I guess you're implying that the SVRT rules from the CL help document:

•Splitting a video clip (clips within 2 seconds before or after the split will be rendered).

•Trimming a video clip (clips within 2 seconds before or after the trimmed clip will be rendered).

aren't followed? Basically, if one trims or splits from beginning or end, PD renders 2 seconds at the modified location. I don't believe I've ever observed or had the experience that this slice does not get rendered. SVRT in every version of PD appears to have flaws, my guess, OP just hit one of the flaws in PD15 as the observation noted shouldn't occur. SVRT should work, PD15 had several SVRT anomalies.

Jeff