Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Random recurrent audio problem
AndrewNZ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 16, 2022 04:48 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I am having a whack-a-mole experience with audio in a 4 minute clip. The clip is built from many short video clips and in some places the audio and video have been unlinked so that I can use a slightly different segment of audio against the video. There are no problems with the video.

Everything, video and audio, is on a single track, there is nowhere where I have two tracks on audio layered on top of each other.

Usually, but not always, the problem does not show when previewing the clips, only when producing.

The initial problem - which I have experienced before - was right at the end of the 4 minutes, the audio started to play two overlaid segments, one a slight delay from the other.

Since the clip was nearly perfect I decided to solve this by deleting the final part of the clip where the problem occured. This got rid of the overlaid sound but next a horrible loud distortion appeared at the 3m mark for about 10 seconds.

Following suggestions from my earlier post about problens with lens correction I then tried disabling hardware acceleration. I produced a new version. The loud distortion disappeared but now I was getting two streams of audio over a brief section at 2m 4s.

Next I tried updating my version to 2829. The problem continues.

This is extremely frustrating. I am trying a new ploy right now which is to delete all the preview and shadow edit files to see if starting again helps.

I was initially using PD 365, version 20.4.2812.0 which as described I updated to 2829.

I have AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS with Radeon Graphics 2.90 GHz, 16 Gb ram, on Windows 10

Cheers Andrew

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 07. 2022 18:02

AndrewNZ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Deleting the various cache files did not solve the problem.

I have attached a short clip that demonstrates the current version of the problem with the audio towards the end playing two streams on top of each other when there is actually only one.

I can also report that the fault is now manifesting in the preview stage as well.

Andrew
 Filename
kotukutuku track_6.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
51859 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
47 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 07. 2022 17:56

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Something may have gotten corrupted in your project file, and you should definitely clear all the temp files after you've closed that project and don't do any more pre-rendering. If the problem persists, one or more of the following suggestions may get you a usable finished video:

1. With all the produce settings as-is, move the afffected video and audio clips at the 2m 4s mark on the timeline to another track and produce. If the issue is still present, mute the 2nd track and see what happens

2. Click anywhere on the timeline and hold down the Ctrl+A keys to select all timeline content. Click on File | New Workspace and paste the contents on the new timeline and try producing again

3. Try producing the project as a WAV file then import the sound clip and replace all the current audio clips with it. Here's a screenshot from an older PD version's Produce screen. PD365 has similar choices:

AndrewNZ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the suggestions, I will try them shortly (some other work to do first).

In suggestion 1 where you say also try and mute the second track - surely that would just give no sound for that segment of the clip.

Also, is the suggestion move both video and audio to a second track or just the audio.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Cheers Andrew
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote In suggestion 1 where you say also try and mute the second track - surely that would just give no sound for that segment of the clip.

Also, is the suggestion move both video and audio to a second track or just the audio.

These steps are intended to separate the ghost audio from the real soundtrack. If there were no ghost audio at all, then the behavior would be exactly as you've written.

Audio and video clips can be moved to another track, but the goal is to separate the audio and see where the ghost is hiding. If the sound is muted as expected then see what happens when you mute the entire top track enable only the audio clip on the lower track.
AndrewNZ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Eureka! Closed the program, cleared out all the cache and shadow files, reopened and immediately produced a 720/30p file - no problems. I then produced an archive file 1080/60p and again no problems.

Thank you very much for the suggestions. Seems possible that the problem arose due to some failures of the render preview process.

Cheers and Thanks Again

Andrew