Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Moving Images and Folders
MrSteveVee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 14, 2022 09:16 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all, I'm still trying to understand the workflow for PhotoDirector, my normal workflow is to download my memory cards into a generic import folder, then import into the software, then sift, sort, grade,tag and final move them to their final destinations on my disks, either existing or new folders, all within the software package.
In Photodirector, I can import but I cannot see how I can move images, or move/create new folders either. Am I missing something here?
Thanks
Steve
[Post New]
Hello Steve,

I hope I'm able to explain well enough to clarify things for you.

In PhD, "Folders" refers to the folders you've created on your PC. That means the Folders displayed directly reflect the folder structure of imported folders from your computer.

When you "import" folders or photos into PhD, those folders & photos do not get moved or duplicated on your PC (unless you specifically choose that option). PhotoDirector simply records the file path for each folder/photo so it can access them for editing.

You cannot create new folders on your PC from within PhD. Nor can you modify the contents of your PC's folders from withing PhD, except by exporting images.

move them to their final destinations on my disks, either existing or new folders, all within the software package."

You can certainly do that when you export your photos/folders. In the Export Preferences, select your preferred options under Export Destination.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 04. 2022 14:33

PIX YouTube channel
MrSteveVee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 14, 2022 09:16 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello Steve,

I hope I'm able to explain well enough to clarify things for you.

In PhD, "Folders" refers to the folders you've created on your PC. That means the Folders displayed directly reflect the folder structure of imported folders from your computer.

When you "import" folders or photos into PhD, those folders & photos do not get moved or duplicated on your PC (unless you specifically choose that option). PhotoDirector simply records the file path for each folder/photo so it can access them for editing.

You cannot create new folders on your PC from within PhD. Nor can you modify the contents of your PC's folders from withing PhD, except by exporting images.

move them to their final destinations on my disks, either existing or new folders, all within the software package."

You can certainly do that when you export your photos/folders. In the Export Preferences, select your preferred options under Export Destination.

PIX

Thanks Pix, appreciate the help