Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD14 transition problem
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello there,

I use PD14 and am trying to create a simple sliding vertical uncover from one still image to another.
In the Alpha Transition tool I've used a Black to White gardient I created in Potoshop.

The transition does work but there is band of light with a thin white line edge tracking across the frame, it doesn't look very good.
Is anyone aware what I should use for the transition initial image?

I have tried several downloads from the site but none work in the way I would like

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 03. 2022 20:36

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The Slide transition in PD14 default is Up and duration of say 2 seconds. Try that one instead.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello there,

I use PD14 and am trying to create a simple sliding vertical uncover from one still image to another.
In the Alpha Transition tool I've used a Black to White gardient I created in Potoshop.

The transition does work but there is band of light with a thin white line edge tracking across the frame, it doesn't look very good.
Is anyone aware what I should use for the transition initial image?

I have tried several downloads from the site but none work in the way I would like

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Hi,

Perhaps a screenshot might help to illustrate the issue. If you attach your BW gradient image I could try it in my copy of PDR14 to try and get a solution.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello Tomasc and Hello PDM,

Many thanks for your replies and the offer of help, very good of you both.

The problem was nothing to do with PD14 I'm pleased to say I got locked out of my PC yesterday and had to re-install Win10.
I installed PD14 plus Photoshop first becaus that was what I was working on.

Tried it again this morning and it worked perfectly with a 16 second transition.

I know the answer it's happened before but as you do I'd forgotten. I use a 240GB SSD and my files are on 2, 2TB HDD's and I back up from one to another constantly.

It's another SSD failing I've had HDD's for 10 plus years and they are still OK. The life of an SSD is about 5 years maximum mines about 6 years old, especially if you use it a lot, in/out constantly as I do.

Apologies for not realising what the actual problem was.

Cheers - Jim