Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD365 20.4.2829.0 (64-bit) Crashing: Problem Solved
Steve64 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2011 00:40 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I just bought an MSI Summit E14FlipEvo A12MT for business. I also use this for my video editing with PowerDirector 365. I downloaded and installed PD365 20.4.2829.0 (64-bit). The application crashed every time I put any type of video onto the timeline or storyboard. It was fine with JPG files. Even the demo files that come with the application caused the crash.

This PC has the Intel Iris Xe Graphics "card". I understand this is not a dedicated card, but is integrated in with the CPU. I presume it has to do with power savings as this is an EVO machine.

FIX: I simply did an Alt-C, select Hardware Acceleration and deselected the option for 'Enable hardware decoding'. The problem was solved and no more crashes. Although, I have not put this PC and PD 365 to a full test yet. I did trim and render one 4K video.

Additionally, I did enable the 'Enable OpenCL technology' option under Hardware Acceleration. Under Display, I am able to use Ultra HD Preview Resolution and Real-time Preview without crashes.

If you have a new machine with an integrated GPU or an EVO box, and you are experiencing crashes when ou place a video clip onto the time line, turning off the Hardware acceleration options.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the detailed post. I would suggest that you submit a support ticket directly to Cyberlink (from this page) and provide them with a link to your post here.

Hopefully they will be able to replicate the issue and then provide a patch that will either automatically disable HW Acceleration if Iris Xe is detected or correct the problem that's currently causing the crash.
Steve64 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2011 00:40 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the detailed post. I would suggest that you submit a support ticket directly to Cyberlink (from this page) and provide them with a link to your post here.

Hopefully they will be able to replicate the issue and then provide a patch that will either automatically disable HW Acceleration if Iris Xe is detected or correct the problem that's currently causing the crash.

Indeed. I followed your suggestion above. It may take a little time, but I'm sure they will get PD caught up to all the new hardware and OS' that are coming out.