Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Shutterstock pics and videos - no connection
Jennifer1234 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 12, 2020 18:46 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I recently had to re-install Powerdirector 365 because my effects packs were not appearing. After reinstalling, all the effects packs that I wanted, showed up. But the 'Stock Content'...the Shutterstock videos and photos do not show up. A box comes up and reads....'The connection to the internet was lost. Check your internet connection and try again.' I have no internet issues. I believe it has to do with the connection with Cyberlink/Powerdirector/shutterstock. The Istock videos and photos did show up with no problem. I had all Stock Content (Shutterstock/Istock) free previously now there are added 'paid' ones.
I never had a problem before with the Stock Content until I had to reinstall PD 365.

Do I need to reinstall again? Anyone have this problem?
I've put 2 tickets in and Cyberlink told me to restart my computer or do other things. I've done them multiple times.
[Thumb - Shutterstock issues.png]
 Filename
Shutterstock issues.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
206 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
17 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It looks like you're running Win7. It's possible there was/is a Shutterstock server issue of some kind, as I'm able to browse and start the download - but no progess occurs (status shows 0.00 MB of 49.60 MB) and I eventually get this time-out message:

Also, have you updated to the latest PD365 version (20.4.2820.0) that was released within the past day? You'll have to update the CL App Manager (CAM) first, and you should be prompted to do that as soon as you launch that app.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I did more testing and ran into some oddities. On my Surface Book 3, everything worked normally in both V20.4.2812 and after updating to the new .2820 release. It's got the same version of Windows (insider build 22598), the same Wi-Fi network, the same DNS servers as my desktop but my desktop simply wouldn't download any Shutterstock clips.

After rebooting my desktop PC two times, it's now working - but that may be coincidence if there was a server issue between Shutterstock and Cyberlink. In any event, the downloads are working now on both computers and maybe things will work after rebooting your machine too.
Jennifer1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
The problem occurred once I downloaded an updated version on 4/22/22. Previously, I couldn't get some of the effects packs. So, I reinstalled PD 365. The effects packs showed up but then the issue of the Shutterstock content would not show up and continuously says that it's not connected to the internet - Istock is just fine.
I've restarted my computer multiple times and also reinstalled the application manager. I'm wondering if I should just reinstall PD 365 again? Thanks.
optodata
[Post New]
There seem to be several significant issues with the latest PD365 release. Maybe try installing the previous version as described in this post and see if that resolves the connection issue for you.
Jennifer1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I tried multiple times re-installing Powerdirector 365. It did not fix the issues of not being able to see the videos, photos, and music. It keeps giving me the message 'The connection to the internet was lost. Check your internet connection and then try again.' But the Istock videos/photos, I can see just fine.
optodata
[Post New]
I think you should contact Cyberlink tech support directly. You can reach them here, and I suggest including a link to this forum discussion in the problem description so they can see what's happened so far.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I tried multiple times re-installing Powerdirector 365. It did not fix the issues of not being able to see the videos, photos, and music. It keeps giving me the message 'The connection to the internet was lost. Check your internet connection and then try again.' But the Istock videos/photos, I can see just fine.

Hi,

The latest version of PDR365 has been released. Perhaps that might cure your issue?? You can install it through CAM.

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/96975.page

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Gene Q [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 23, 2020 19:32 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]

Hi,

The latest version of PDR365 has been released. Perhaps that might cure your issue?? You can install it through CAM.

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/96975.page

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

I am receiving the error message "Connection to the internet was lost..." when trying to download or listedn to Shutterstock music. It worked just fine last week after I upgraded to 365 but now the error occurs. I have sent in a ticket but have not received a email back with any help. Hence this message.
[Thumb - error.jpg]
 Filename
error.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
257 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
There might have been a temporary server outage/issue in your region so it's worth trying again. If the issue persists, some people have found that changing the DNS servers on your modem or router might solve the issue.

I'm using 75.75.75.75 (and ...76.76) and things are working now for me. You can also try 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4