Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio glitch PD 17
Scripto123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 09, 2019 20:37 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I'm getting a mysterious audio glitch appearing in a "freeze frame" segment where there is no audio. It appeared once before, and I think I resolved it by deleting and reloading the segment, but it is back and looking for an explanation and permanent fix. Please refer to the attached video -

Thank you!
 Filename
Unconventional 1_0.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
Audio glitch
 Filesize
3191 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
88 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Are you saying there's no audio on any track at all where the unwanted sound is heard? Usually glitches like that can occur at transitions between audio clips (and more rarely at the start or end of a clip), but I've never encountered sound where there's no audio clip present.

You may want to try the steps listed here to clear out the temporary cache files and produce the project again. If that doesn't help, please take a screenshot showing the timeline in around the glitch then share it here.
Scripto123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Please see attached photo, the time scrubber is located where the glitch takes place after the transition.

Track 1 has the "snapshot" jpg - there is no audio for this clip

Track 2 has clip S1670001 which has audio, but I removed this clip and tested it independently, and there is no glitch - the original video source is clean and it sounds clean when I play it in PD by itself

I also tested the "snapshot" clip with track 2 still removed, and the glitch was still there, which is weird because I've got over twenty clips in this project with audio and the audio glitch only happens at this segment with no audio!

There is no other place on the 30 minute production that has a glitch, and it only strikes at around this location
[Thumb - Glitch.png]
 Filename
Glitch.png
[Disk]
 Description
Location of glitch
 Filesize
65 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks very much for the screenshot and the detailed context. I've seen unexplained glitches like this creep into complex projects before, so I'll give you the steps I would take to try and purge the issue:

1. Delete SnapShot.jpg from the timeline and produce. If the glitch is gone, place the scrubber at the end of the clip just before the gap where SnapShot.jpg was and take a new snaphot. Drag SnapShot(1).jpg to the gap and trim/fade out as before, then see if the produced video is clean. Make sure you followed the steps I posted earlier to manually delete all temporary files first!

2. If the glitch is still present, undo the deletion then click anywhere on the timeline then use Ctrl+A to select all timeline content and then Ctrl+C to copy it all to the clipboard. Use File | New Workspace (no need to save the original project as long as it was in good shape before you deleted the SnapShot clip), then paste the content onto the empty timeline and try producing that. Save the new project and continue editing if that was successful.

3. If even that wasn't successful, you might want to break the project up into sections and copy the first part (right up until SnapShot.jpg) and paste that into a new workspace and save it. Come back to the original and copy everything after S1670001 then paste it at the end of the newly saved project with enough of a gap to add the missing clip later. Make sure everything produces ok and then copy just the S1670001 clip to the new project and produce. Assuming all that works, follow step 1 in the "cured" project and you should be good to go!đź‘Ť

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I also tested the "snapshot" clip with track 2 still removed, and the glitch was still there, which is weird because I've got over twenty clips in this project with audio and the audio glitch only happens at this segment with no audio!

That to me sounds more like you have a few frame editing fragment on another track at this location. Very hard to see as it's only a few frames. Have your gone through each track you have in your project (regardless if you think you see content on them) and truly verify that the track has no content?

Jeff
Scripto123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
First, thank you all very much for your time and suggestions -

Results:
After clearing the temp folder in preferences, all of the thumbnails on the timeline blacked out - they were still there, just no image, they went black and the playback was black.

I closed out the original file, went into the autosaved folder, pulled up the latest, and that was also blacked out.

I deleted these two files, and went to the next latest autosaved file, and the thumbnail images were back and the project was functional - including the glitch!

After deleting all clips in the glitch zone (leaving only a gap), and all excess tracks, and stretching out the timeline to expose any fragments, the glitch remained.

Optodata's suggestion number 2 and 3 both worked, cutting and pasting the project into a new workspace solved the problem!

I'm not a computer guy, so perhaps you all have an explanation, but it would appear as though I'm glitch-free and ready to move on!
optodata
[Post New]
I don't know why it happened, but I'm really glad my suggestions to basically save the working sections while cutting out the corrupted timeline segment did the trick!đź‘Ť