Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
save - retrieve bokeh effects
homedoc21k [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 09, 2022 03:19 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I just created a complex bokeh effect using Light effects/bokeh. However, after examining it closely, I can see some areas where it needs to be retouched. But if I re-open the image in Light effects/bokeh, all the previous work I did disappears as soon as I re-select "brush". How can I retouch an existing bokeh effect without having to start over from scratch?
[Post New]
Hello homedoc21k,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

After you created your complex Bokeh effect & went to close PhD, were you prompted to save as a virtual photo for further editing?

If so, & if you selected "Yes", you should be able to select the virtual photo & continue editing.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
homedoc21k [Avatar]
[Post New]
The saved file is named DSC_####.nef (Virtual Copy 1). When I open it and select Guided/Light Effects/Bokeh, I get the following:

"If the PHI/PNG?TIF fle you are editing contains any transparent parts, they may become non-transparent onc you begin editing the file."

I click on OK and the file opens with the previously selected foreground region still sharp, but overlayed with synthesized bokeh lights and the circular blur type selected. I drag the Bokeh Shape Settings Intensity and Amount sliders to zero and the lights disappear. Next I change blur type to brush and the sharp areas disappear. I can control the degree of blur using the slider, but the sharp parts of the image never reappear.
homedoc21k [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The saved file is named DSC_####.nef (Virtual Copy 1). When I open it and select Guided/Light Effects/Bokeh, I get the following:

"If the PHI/PNG?TIF fle you are editing contains any transparent parts, they may become non-transparent onc you begin editing the file."

I click on OK and the file opens with the previously selected foreground region still sharp, but overlayed with synthesized bokeh lights and the circular blur type selected. I drag the Bokeh Shape Settings Intensity and Amount sliders to zero and the lights disappear. Next I change blur type to brush and the sharp areas disappear. I can control the degree of blur using the slider, but the sharp parts of the image never reappear.