Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Center video after cropping edge
[Post New]
I took video of a band and the band was not centered in the shot. I cropped one edge using the mask option and the band is now centered but there is a black area where I cropped. I would like to move the remaining shot such that there is the black area on both sides rather than just one side. Or remove that black area. I use Powerdirector 13. I have tried many things with no success. Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks much.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You don't need to crop the clip, simply use the PiP Designer to zoom in a little and center the usable content on screen.
[Post New]
Quote I took video of a band and the band was not centered in the shot. I cropped one edge using the mask option and the band is now centered but there is a black area where I cropped. I would like to move the remaining shot such that there is the black area on both sides rather than just one side. Or remove that black area. I use Powerdirector 13. I have tried many things with no success. Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks much.

Thank you so much for your answer. In PIP, using the corner tab, I was able to pull the video larger to fill the screen and center the band. I did find a way to center the video having some blacked out area on both sides by going to Keyframe, clip attributes, then dragging the video to the center. But, like you said, I didn't need to do all of that. Thanks again.