where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I Cannot Copy DVD
Reply to this topic
Eric Johnson [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Feb 15, 2020 14:25 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Media Suite 16

I need to create a copy of a DVD. The original in on a Verbatim DVD-R. I have a blank Verbatim DVD-R.

I went to "Data & Back-up" and selected "Copy a disc . . .". I went through the steps of copying the disc and then writing the image to the blank disc.

When I tried to view the copy, it wasn't there.

What did I do wrong?

Eric Johnson

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 28. 2022 21:06

[Post New]
Hello,

Can you please provide some more details? For example, do you have two disc drives in your computer, so you are copying directly to the blank disc?

Either way, you can try extracting the content on the disc to an image file first. You do this by opening Power2Go in CMS and then selecting Copy Disc > Save Disc Image.

Then burning that image to the disc at a low write speed. You do this using Copy Disc > Burn Disc Image.

Cheers
CMS Moderator

P.S. Moderation note: subject line was updated as to solicit more help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 28. 2022 21:19

Please direct any sales or technical issues to CyberLink's customer support team:

Sales or installation related issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Software technical issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Eric Johnson [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Feb 15, 2020 14:25 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

Can you please provide some more details? For example, do you have two disc drives in your computer, so you are copying directly to the blank disc?

Either way, you can try extracting the content on the disc to an image file first. You do this by opening Power2Go in CMS and then selecting Copy Disc > Save Disc Image.

Then burning that image to the disc at a low write speed. You do this using Copy Disc > Burn Disc Image.

Cheers
CMS Moderator

P.S. Moderation note: subject line was updated as to solicit more help.

Nope. Only one disc unit and that's a plug-in afterthought when I bought the machine.

I guess I had been following my memory of copying a music disc and that clearly isn't a good model. Just to test my memory, I copied a music disc after I sent you the message and it worked fine.

Now I've thought of another (better) way to do this. Can I not copy the DVR disc to my hard drive and then writing that file to a USB stick? I'd use the "Video to Mobile Devices" tool of Power2Go. The USB stick is probably a better choice anyway.

Thanks for your patience.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 01. 2022 12:33

Reply to this topic