Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sync by Audio on Mac - Missing? Alternative?
Scratch [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2022 04:47 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,

I can't find the sync by audio feature on PD 365 on Mac, is this feature missing on the Mac version? If so, is there another way to sync external audio with my clips?

Cheers,
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Are you talking about Sync by Audio inthe Multicamera Designer?
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi All,

I can't find the sync by audio feature on PD 365 on Mac, is this feature missing on the Mac version? If so, is there another way to sync external audio with my clips?

Cheers,

Hello,

Sync by audio will be added to PDR Mac in the next version, which is scheduled to come out next month.

Check out this forum FAQ for more info on the feature differences:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/85755.page#355495

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 21. 2022 19:50

Scratch [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2022 04:47 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks very much for the replies both. Appreicated.
Christopher99 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2017 07:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Not just for the MAC, but I'm trying to find a way to sync 3 or 4 microphones into one audio file that I can then use with Powerdirector's multi-cam tool.

We have a meeting with four different audio sources - lapel microphones from the four contributors to the meeting.

Powerdirector only allows you to use one audio source for the entire meeting -but four cameras.

Is there any tool out there that can bring all four audios into one file, without manually having to sync them?

I would think that this would be a great tool for Powerdirector OR for AudioDirector, at least.

Thanks for any and all feedback/suggestions/tools.

Christopher
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The easiest way to do that would be to place the clips on the main timeline, select all of them and see if you can get Sync By Audio to work. If each has only the individual speaker's voice, it's unlikely that PD can sync them and you'd have to visually align the clips.

Once that's done, produce just the audio as a WAV file then use that as your master track in the Muti-Cam Designer.